• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need a wind call!

Re: Need a wind call!

At 114+ MPH, I think I'd be calling for an artillery strike before attempting to dope that kind of wind!!!
wink.gif

I thought we live in Montana, not Wyoming...

Definitely wasn't a good day to shoot prairie dogs
laugh.gif

I'd say to lead at least three witches-on-a-bicycle in that case.

I once piloted a Cessna 172 through banning pass in CA. My head wind was unknown, though I had the bird almost full throttle (125 knots?) and my GPS indicated ground speed was 4 knots. Hmmm.

Took a long time to get through that pass.

At full value for a 1K target,(in bama) I'd shoot 90 IPHY wind for my 190's leaving the 300wm muzzle. Also believe I'd have to go from 24.5 IPHY of up, to 28.5 at the same time.

I'd like to try that shot just once.
grin.gif

Where's Bryan Litz's answer, when you need him?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaMarine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">114 mph+ winds yesterday in MT.

http://missoulian.com/news/state-and-regional/article_f5d7e866-37a6-11e0-afb5-001cc4c002e0.html </div></div>
I was supposed to go over and shoot with a friend near Big Timber on Saturday. I bagged out when I read the predictions for 70mph+ gusts. CRAP 114 ?? I'd have to be shooting way passed my capabilities to shoot minute of mountain.

MM:
Thats a lot of wind. We hit the 80's quite often but usually not over 100 more than once a year. I saw 123 on my 80 foot tower in early January but I don't trust the cheap anemometer's I replace all the time. You can really tell the difference in the way the house shakes when it gets to 100.
Assume everyone went to the super bowl to wait on your free housing right? Hope it didn't blow away your lawn ornaments.

Bob, we're sort of in a mountain valley it wasn't that bad here. We probably had steady 40s, gusting into the 70s for several hours though.

It get's a lot worse further north, where the Rocky Mountain front spills right out on the flatter country, that's kinda where Choteau is.

1000 -336.5 -32.1 715.0 68.3 1438.7 1.289 955.9 1.536 270.4 25.8

208 AMAX at 2600fps in 100mph(high as JBM will go) you'll need about 68 minutes or 680 inches or 56.67 feet at 1000.