• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters Need advice: Leica vector rangefinder

Thomas_V

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2024
NL
Hi guys,

I'm new here to the forum and a bit new to the rangefinders topic. I have the opportunity to buy a rangefinder from Leica (leica vector). There isn't much known to the auctioneer so hopefully I can find more info on this forum. The range finder looks almost the same as a Leica Vector rangefinder as shown on the internet, but some characteristics (such as the 'vector' brand within the design and colours) deviate from the 'standard' Leica Vector.
Can some inform me on this range finder? What type can it be and might it even be counterfeit?

Hopefully someone will see the opportunity to tell me more about this! :)

Thanks a lot.

Thomas.

Attachments

• Leica vector_4.png
    Leica vector_4.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 44
  • Leica vector_3.png
    Leica vector_3.png
    797.6 KB · Views: 40
  • leica vector_2.png
    leica vector_2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
  • leica vector_1.png
    leica vector_1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
It sure looks like the real deal, but I've never seen one in non-OD/Brown color scheme. This feels like what Derek Zoolander would go for.
@CoryT probably knows more about that series of LRF than anyone else here.

Reactions: Thomas_V
We had a USGS guy who had optics with that color scheme in a preserve a couple of years ago. He was stingy with his gear, so I really couldn’t check it out. I don’t really blame him though. I was kicking him off property for awhile to clear a huge hog trap 50yd from his pos.