• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors need advice on a tactical comp holster

jroberts

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2007
dover,delaware
i was wondering if any of u guys had some advice on a tactical comp holster for a 1911...i have a serpa holster that i use for everyday stuff but it gets in the way when carrying a pack and precision rifle..this holster would only be used while competing...i was hoping u guys that know what works would have some advice..

Re: need advice on a tactical comp holster

What kind of competition? For IPSC i use a bladetech D.O.H and it works great. It is pretty much a competition only holster though.

What is a "tactical comp" and what are the rules?

I have been using the SpecOps brand Vapor holster. I bought it here: http://www.optactical.com/nydrho.html

It fits my PT1911AR and my USP .40cal. So far it's been a really good holster. I don't find I have to quick draw at Tactical Comps, so just having a good secure holster that keeps my pistol out of the way and in a comfortable position is what I look for.

The Eagle SAS Mark V is another nice holster similar to my SpecOps.

By the way, the folks at Optactical.com have been really good on the customer service. She was out of a bunch of gear that I orderd and when it came in she called me and then didn't charge for shipping.

427Cobra,

Can you give us a link to what you mean by Lightfighter style?

www.lightfighter.com is a website so any search of 6004 and lightfighter just brink up their website since they're stocking dealers of the 6004.

I'm assuming you're talking about the people who trimmed the leg shroud so that it could be worn a bit higher but I'm not sure. Also, Safariland sells a top-narrow shroud now because of the popularity of that mod, but again, I'm don't know if we're talking about the same thing.

Thanks,
Nate