• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Need advice on hard case for 2 rifles

browningboy84

Minuteman
May 7, 2009
Georgia
I need some input on a double rifle hard case. Budget is $400 tops. I am considering Pelican, Boyt, and SKB. Any other suggestions? I need it to be rugged, and I want the toughest case I can get, preferably American made. I have over 4K in both rifles, and am buying it to protect my investment. Any input appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need advice on hard case for 2 rifles

Ive used my pelican case on airlines without a problem, and if you ever seen the way some baggage handlers treat them... never a problem with the rifle inside (yet)
shocked.gif

I have a pelican for my SASS and an SKB double for my bolt guns, Both have served me well and the SKB locks are replaceable in the field.

two bolt action savages. 48 inches long, and 15 inches wide, 6 inch height. Anybody know of a case that fits these specs?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Storm cases are also excellent.

http://www.stormcase.com/
</div></div>

Storm cases are now owned and manufactured by Pelican. Either one would be a solid choice.

Pelican, unless you need to make it more complicated for absolutely no reason.

Im die-hard Pelican! SKB would be my second choice.. Never used a starlight..

Im die-hard Pelican! SKB would be my second choice.. Never used a starlight..

I have a Pelican 1750... so far so good with frequent plane travels.

I don't know if Starlight cases makes a double gun case but I just got mine for my rifle and it is simply awesome and of excellent quality.

Starlight cases

Another alternative worth looking at are the Boyt Tactical hard cases...built like Pelican/Storm, and priced competitively. Personally I've always hated Pelican's latches, but Boyt uses a rotating-handle draw latch that's much easier to close on an over-stuffed case. Same durability, wheels on the end, folding handles, pressure valve, etc. And made in the USA.

The H51 case measures 51" x 15" x 6", and is priced at $199 right now...you can always go for a smaller case size, but that one will be enough to hold two rifles and plenty of accessories. We've got them in stock right now, ready to ship.

Can't go wrong with either Pelican or Starlight. Both make double cases.

Stormmcase or Pelican (Stormmcase has better designed latches)
(Pelican has better wheels). Both have same colors (Green, Tan or Black) and lifetime warranty.

Both great products. Get it from Planet Optics prices are great and shipping is free to anywhere in US