• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

need advice on new rifle options

allghilliedup04

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2012
Salem, Oregon
So I'm in the process of picking out a new rifle. No matter what I get ill most likely be replacing the stock at the very least. The rifle will be used for everything... deer coyotes steel paper and whatever else that moves and is legal (maybe elk at closer ranges).

I don't have a specific caliber in mind but have it down to a couple but I'm open to suggestions as I'm in no rush and I'm simply researching right now. I want a 20" barrel regardless of which caliber. Ideas are as follows:

Rem 700 aac-sd in 308
Or
Rem sps varmint 7mm-08 barrel cut to 20

Thoughts suggestions and ideas please.

Re: need advice on new rifle options

tikka t3 scout in 308 would be a good option. lots of aftermarket stocks out there nowadays.

Re: need advice on new rifle options

i already owned a savage and i got rid of it... not for reasons i was unhappy with it but just because it was difficult and more expensive to buy stocks and such for them.

Most likely i will be going with a Rem 700 due to the extensive aftermarket options.

just need help on which caliber and which model