• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEED Advice

jevan126

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2012
I just got off the phone with Dustin @ JP Enterprise and I was asking about Hornady Superformace and Buffalo Bore ammunition as I have 400 rounds of each. My question was is it ok to shoot these to type ammo out of my LRP-07. Dustin said that it should not be an issue, he said to fire a round and adjust the gas block if needed. Now I remember some time ago people complaining about it being to hot of a round, but my thinking is as long as I back down the gas pressure to adjust to the hotter load then there should not be any problems or worries. Anyone who has experience with either please chime in and tell me the good, the bad, and the ugly ?

I've not been on the Hornady website as of late but there used to be something on there about the 178gr superformance not being gas gun friendly. When I tried it, gas on and off, it did some crazy shit.

photo1ywb.jpg

Ok I am not knew by no means to rifles and firearms in general. I was an expert in the Army with a Rifle, Handgun, and Hand Grenades. What I am asking and looking for is has anyone actually used these to types of ammunition and how did it perform in your GAS-GUN ?

I had the almost the same results as KillShot, but no blown primers but they were deformed. Ammo was not impressive in my semi or my bolt, was not consistent but did do a little better in the bolt gun. I have not used Buffalo Bore so I can't comment on it.

Ok I am not knew by no means to rifles and firearms in general. I was an expert in the Army with a Rifle, Handgun, and Hand Grenades. What I am asking and looking for is has anyone actually used these to types of ammunition and how did it perform in your GAS-GUN ?

What more do you want than has already been stated here? I've used and Razor has used it, both of us not having good luck with it. It's more suited for a bolt gun than a gas-gun. Rob01 has also used it in his POF with mixed results.

Damn Killshot all I was hoping for was to see a variety of different rifles using this ammunition and to see how it functioned in them, not just 2 or 3. Sorry brother

How long is the barrel on your JP? When I spoke with Hornady over the phone, they said the longer barrels tend to do better so if you have like a 24" barrel, that seems to be the sweet spot.

I have an 18" light contour barrel. I have been doing some surfing and found that there were many shooters who had great experiences with the Hornady load. There was even a POF, OBR, and a LMT that used this load and did very well. JP told me it won't damage anything and as long as it functions and I like it they said do not worry about it. Was just curious about our HIDE members and there experiences thats all.

I'd really be interested in hearing how it does in your JP. If you decide to try a couple boxes, be sure to post a report of your experience.

I will be hitting the Range next month, there are so few Ranges where I live. I did some checking and found a gun club range thats open to the public. They only go out to 200 yards also but no other choice. Also I will be finally putting some pictures up when I post results. Might even try the Elfster 100 yard challenge.

I would NOT use superformance anything in a gas rifle. It has been the only time I've had blown primer pockets in a semi-auto. Not a fan.

I just got off the phone with Dustin @ JP Enterprise and I was asking about Hornady Superformace and Buffalo Bore ammunition as I have 400 rounds of each. My question was is it ok to shoot these to type ammo out of my LRP-07. Dustin said that it should not be an issue, he said to fire a round and adjust the gas block if needed. Now I remember some time ago people complaining about it being to hot of a round, but my thinking is as long as I back down the gas pressure to adjust to the hotter load then there should not be any problems or worries. Anyone who has experience with either please chime in and tell me the good, the bad, and the ugly ?

Thanks everyone I have decided to wheel & deal and or sell them.

yeah, i wouldn't use them. blown primers usually says one thing.. extreme pressures. this cant be good for your bolt or your gun. if i heard a few people having problems.. i wouldn't even take the chance.