• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Need advice

Phylodog

Hidin since '06
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2006
Arcadia, IN
I've just been informed that my Major wants to purchase two NV optics for my team. The team rifles consist of one AI 300WM, about a dozen Rem700 rifles (some PSS, some custom built w/McM stocks) and five HS Precision HTR rifles. I would like to get something which could be utilized on any of the rifles but realize that may not be a possibility. I'm not well educated or experienced in NV as it is out of my personal price range so I'm hoping for some advice from those who have experience.

We have a couple of older SIMRAD scopes which use the ring cap mounts. From what I have seen of them I'm not fond of that particular mounting option. The POI shift on the rifles were not consistent and the scopes are huge.

I have seen the McCann rails and I know there are others similar which replace the scope base and provide and extended rail. These may provide an option of we can get rails/mounts for each of the Rem rifles (not sure if they would fit the HS Precision receivers).

Weight is not a huge concern but smaller/lighter is always preferred in the event a bipod or tripod cannot be used.

I have no idea what the budget is for these scopes. I don't want to pitch $20K worth of gear and shut them down to the idea but I don't want crap either.

What say the experts?

Re: Need advice

You would probably be best served with MARS rail or something similar on several of the rifles with the night vision mounting in front of the day scope. The AN/PVS 22 UNS come to mind.

Your zero would not be affected and you could easily move the NV from one rifle to another.

Yuo won't be able to fit ALL rifles, but you could outfit several.

Phylodog, besides the fine advice fdkay gave, give us a call, we are a distributor for the PVS-22/27 line of clip on optics. We have special Mil and LE pricing on all our NV gear and can assist you further. Thank you.

You can see these devices here with pics of course.
smile.gif

http://tnvc.com/categories/night_vision_weapon_sights.html

Vic

Thanks Vic. Wrapping up a school tomorrow and I'll be back in the office on Monday and will give you a call then.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clasky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is some incentive:
</div></div>

Too... Much... Eye... Candy...

Now I have to go and clean the drool out of my keyboard yet again
wink.gif

David

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Vic. Wrapping up a school tomorrow and I'll be back in the office on Monday and will give you a call then. </div></div>

Copy.

cj7hawk, good to see you over here!
smile.gif