• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Need an affordable PVS-14 Dovetail J-Arm...Any Thoughts?

1911hombre

Old School
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 13, 2019
    East Central Minnesota
    So, I found this Norotos piece to convert my Rhino II to dovetail mount. HERE. Now I am searching for a PVS-14 dovetail J-arm that is affordable. Any thoughts? If I have to pay $200ish for one then I might as well go for a whole different mount. I just don't feel the horn type J-arm locks up great. I do run a Wilcox lanyard, so maybe I'm over thinking this.

As Evolution 9 said- the AX14 PRO is what you seek.
    Maybe so or maybe not. Just depends on complete use.

Point being if you are going to run a Pas 29 COTI or ECOTI in its proper position the synthetic arm that lays against the PVS 14 is too thick to allow you to properly mount the COTI on the close focus stop ring that it is supposed to attach to.

You can attach it to the objective focus housing as a get by but that is kind of janky.

The Mod Armory J Arm (both Bayonet or Dovetail) that lay against the PVS 14 are made out of aluminum and are thinner than the AX14 PRO arms. Therefore the Mod Armory J Arm will allow you to properly install a COTI on a PVS 14.

Also, when using any of the Mod Armory Bridge iterations, all of those arms that lay against the PVS 14's are thin enough due to being aluminum to allow the proper installation of a COTI.

So if a person is ever going to run a COTI on a PVS 14, the Mod Armory J Arms or Bridges would be a better choice for sure.