• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Need an excellent gunsmith in northern Ohio...

G and R

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2008
Central, OH
I am looking for a smith to re-barrel a 700 action in 6.5-284. I would prefer to use someone who already has an assortment of reamers in this caliber. I will supply the barrel, most likely from Brux. I would like to clean up the action and bolt at this time as well. I am looking for a smith who will pay above average attention to detail, no hacks! I wont settle for less than damn close to perfection.

Re: Need an excellent gunsmith in northern Ohio...

give short action customs a call. his name is us handgunner on the hide

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chickeneye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">give short action customs a call. his name is us handgunner on the hide </div></div>
I have met him and had him inspect a rifle for me. I think he is probably great at what he does, so I am not trying to discredit him in any way. However, I don't think we see eye to eye.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor N TN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.kelbly.com/ </div></div>

Very well, thank you sir! It is a little far, about 120 miles from me. I would be more than willing to make the drive if it means I can get every ounce of quality that I am looking for!

You might want to check out Jim Caudill in the Sunbury, OH area. I hear he does really good work as well.

Mark

Jim Caudill Gunsmith
(740) 965-2185
14290 Perfect Rd
Sunbury, OH 43074

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: US Handgunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You might want to check out Jim Caudill in the Sunbury, OH area. I hear he does really good work as well.

Mark

Jim Caudill Gunsmith
(740) 965-2185
14290 Perfect Rd
Sunbury, OH 43074 </div></div>

I can appreciate the humility in your post, thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glock_and_roll</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: US Handgunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You might want to check out Jim Caudill in the Sunbury, OH area. I hear he does really good work as well.

Mark

Jim Caudill Gunsmith
(740) 965-2185
14290 Perfect Rd

1st question: How can you not see eye to eye with Mark? He's as honest and forthright as any person I've ever met.
2nd question: Why the hell would he need to show humility?

I can appreciate the humility in your post, thank you. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glock_and_roll</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: US Handgunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You might want to check out Jim Caudill in the Sunbury, OH area. I hear he does really good work as well.

Mark

Jim Caudill Gunsmith
(740) 965-2185
14290 Perfect Rd

1st question: How can you not see eye to eye with Mark? He's as honest and forthright as any person I've ever met.

I can appreciate the humility in your post, thank you. </div></div> </div></div>

Well sir, I never once questioned Mark's honesty or integrity...I am sure he is a great guy. I don't think Mark would appreciate us having this conversation any further. I will say this though, if a guy can come forward and offer a competitors info, that shows humility in every way. I am not to sure that I solicited your opinion, unless you have an excellent gunsmith to speak of? Besides Mark?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glock_and_roll</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glock_and_roll</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: US Handgunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You might want to check out Jim Caudill in the Sunbury, OH area. I hear he does really good work as well.

Mark

Jim Caudill Gunsmith
(740) 965-2185
14290 Perfect Rd

I can appreciate the humility in your post, thank you. </div></div> </div></div>

Well sir, I never once questioned Mark's honesty or integrity...I am sure he is a great guy. I don't think Mark would appreciate us having this conversation any further. I will say this though, if a guy can come forward and offer a competitors info, that shows humility in every way. I am not to sure that I solicited your opinion, unless you have an excellent gunsmith to speak of? Besides Mark? </div></div>

You posted in a public forum so yes, you solicited my opinion. Jerry Newman, Robert Graduous, William Roscoe, there are several excellent gunsmiths from this site. The one I choose to do business with happens to live in Ohio. I'm starting to think things are not quite as they seem at first blush with you...

Anyway, find a gunsmith, hope I helped
wink.gif