• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes NEED AN EXTRA 20 MOA OF OUT OF MY SAVAGE 10 FLP

fmelloni82

Private
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2011
Hey guys ,

I have a savage 10flp , with a Burris black diamond sitting in a DNZ 1 piece mount. I need another 20moa of elevation. Whats my options?

Im trying to avoid having to buy another mount. If you have a product in mind I'll gladly take a web site to buy it from

any and all help is appreciated

Thanks

Re: NEED AN EXTRA 20 MOA OF OUT OF MY SAVAGE 10 FLP

Holdover, otherwise I think new hardware is only other option

How about a shim under one end of the base? Might not get exactly 20 MOA but you could get close or a little more.

Well, your options are:

1) New mount
2) New scope
3) Shim what ya got

My humble recommendation would be a new EGW 20MOA mount ($40) and a set of rings of your choice (Burris XTR rings would be my choice on a budget).

Yeah my first inclination was to shim it , who sells shims ? Im having a hard time finding them .

Also has anybody on here shimmed a base? Im curious to know if it hurt accuracy

There have been posts regarding shims on here before. I just did a quick search with the search box on the right and found a bunch of posts regarding shiming you might want to do a quick search.

If you don't want to buy shims,a coke can cut into the size strips you need works good.You would probably better off to get a new base.Just my thinking.

I'd really recommend a new mount setup. The EGW 20 MOA base for $36 and a nice set of rings for about the same, is definitely worth the peace of mind. Shimming works if you absolutely need to, but for another $70 you wont have any worries if going with a new mount. Send me a PM if you like, I'l get you a 5% off coupon as well.

Trevor B