• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Need an indoor range in Fort Worth

cmh2007

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2009
Katy TX
I have a friend of mine in that area that not only wants to learn to shoot, but to get her chl. She currently doesn't own any pistols. Can any of you guys give me suggestions on where to send her?

Re: Need an indoor range in Fort Worth

There are several ranges in Fort Worth. The Elk Castle on I30 around Cherry is ok. I think they rent guns and certainly have a full service gun store. There is also a range at the Winchester Gun Gallery on E. Lancaster and 820. Bass Pro used to have one, but it has been a while since i've been in there.

There a store/range in weatherford on the south side of I20. Think its called Texas Guns. They have an indoor range and rent guns.Alpine Shooting Range in Kennadale has CHL classes and lessons. I believe you can rent guns just for the classes.

Good Luck

The friendliest, and cleanest indoor range in DFW is Shoot Smart in North FW, on the west side of I-35 W about 2 miles south of Cabela's and Alliance Airport. The place is owned and run by a woman and as such caters to new female shooters. They have basic training classes available as well as CHL specific stuff, and private lanes for rent if you want to teach her one on one without all the noise and distractions. If you want to make the drive you would be pleased. Ask for Andrew or Cassie, they'll take care of you. My wife used to work there but is a full time student now, I have no financial interest in the recommendation.

www.shootsmarttx.com

RyeDaddys got it! Shootsmart