• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need another Drag Bag for 50" bolt gun

Leaddog

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2009
Delaware
I'm on the hunt for a drag bag for my 50" bolt gun w/optics.

I currently have (and really like) a Galati for my current rifle 48" long with 26" barrel, but my new rifle build will not work with that size as it is a couple inches longer.

I don't need a bag/mat combo. Mostly interested in a drag bag as I have to pack my extra gear in it.

Any suggestions?

Re: Need another Drag Bag for 50" bolt gun

Eagle drag bag from Natchez Shooters Supply. $129.95 plus shipping. Normal retail is around $315. The only color they have left is black. I bought one last week and the bag is nothing short of amazing in the quality and usability areas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Meat Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eagle drag bag from Natchez Shooters Supply. $129.95 plus shipping. Normal retail is around $315. The only color they have left is black. I bought one last week and the bag is nothing short of amazing in the quality and usability areas.</div></div>

That's a nice bag, but it is almost 2 inches too short.

The longer of the Arktis drag bags will fit a rifle that long. There is an older thread with a lot of pics if you search.

I got the TAC Force 52" Stryker Drag System from OpticsPlanet. Not quite as good as the Eagle but very serviceable for $88 including postage.

Leaddog,

I have got a drag bag from Aim Field Sports. Just got my second bag from them. Internal dimentions are exactly 50" for the Aim 50. If that's to small the next size up is the Aim 60.
Here's a link. http://aimfieldsports.com/epages/www_aim...aim50green-0001

They send there bags by ups, mine took 5 days to get here. This is a great piece of kit, very well made, can be used in the backpack mode if needed, shoulder straps stow away internally so it's out of the way.

Hope this helps.

I use a Tac Ops.
Construction is top notch. Great sturdy material, great zipper and plenty of internal and external pouch storage.
Shoulder straps can be stored under exterior pad so it can be carried with handles or as a backpack.

The Tac Ops long bag is a perfect fit with my Barrett 98. Sold the Barrett drag bag and couldnt be happier. Highly recomend it.