• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Need another TBAC, which?

NiteQwill

Best to jump high, and far!
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2012
Uncle Sam's Bottom
I already have a Dominus, 338 Ultra, and 22 Takedown on the way.

Would you guys suggest an Ultra 5 to round out the TBAC family or something else? I don't need any AR cans, so the SR series is not necessary for me at this time. (I have a Maverick for competition.)

@Zak Smith
@TBACRAY

TY

Sounds like your decently well rounded already,

Maybe put the money into more host/host upgrades, ammo or muzzle devices

I think after using the dominus you’ll just run that vs an ultra 5 and put up with the couple extra inches in exchange for the sound difference

Reactions: 260284
Sounds like your decently well rounded already,

Maybe put the money into more host/host upgrades, ammo or muzzle devices

I think after using the dominus you’ll just run that vs an ultra 5 and put up with the couple extra inches in exchange for the sound difference
Won a TBAC cert. Big reason I'm getting another TBAC.🤣😆

I was thinking maybe an Ultra 5 for lightweight NRL/hunting rig?

Reactions: RS14 and spife7980
Ultra 5’s are one of my favorites. I have a gen 1, but as soon as someone gets in a gen 2 6.5, i’ll snag it. I own their whole catalog except for the Dominus. Out of all of them I shoot the 5 and 7 the most.

Reactions: NiteQwill
Won a TBAC cert. Big reason I'm getting another TBAC.🤣😆

I was thinking maybe an Ultra 5 for lightweight NRL/hunting rig?
Well you didn’t mention that 😁

In that case an ultra 5 would be a decent choice. If I had a suppressor cert I’d get a 338 Ultra SR personally. But you have one already

Otherwise you can send me the code and I’ll be happy to make the decisions for you!

I have the ultra 9 and love it. Think the 5 would serve you well for a hunting rig

I started out with TBAC by getting a 30BA for use on my DTA SRS, and except for the fugly BA brake, loved it in that application. They announced the 30CB9 not a week after I'd gotten the stamp for the 30BA, so I ordered a 30CB9, and was happy with it - until they announced the Ultra line, so I bought an Ultra 7. I sent the 30BA back for the Ultra baffle stack upgrade, and not only is it lighter than the 30CB9, it's also noticeably quieter, especially noticeable when shooting under a covered firing line. I did some group testing with a LR BR rifle in 6 Dasher built on a BAT 3L action, and found that the Ultra 7 gives considerably tighter groups out at 600yds than either of the 9" cans, which lead to further comparisons on a few other of my custom rifles with barrel contours from sendero to hvy Palma, and chamberings from 6XC to straight 284; in every case, the Ultra 7 gave tighter groups. So I called TBAC and placed an order for a Gen 2 Ultra 7 with the 6.5 aperture. Got the bad news that it'd probably be nearly a year before they could assign a s/n to that order, so when I found one of these cans in stock at a dealer, I bought it, and am waiting on getting the stamp back. I've always wanted an Ultra 5, but with the delays associated with either individual or trust form 4s, and having celebrated my 70th B-D a month or so ago, I'm wondering if I'll live long enough to get any use out of the two cans I have in jail now....

Last edited:
Reactions: Zak Smith
I would go for the Ultra 5 if you ever considered a 16 - 18" rifle for hunting or whatever. That Mike guy from Mile High started talking about a 16" .308 with this suppressor on the podcast and now I fear this will cost me thousands more, lol.

87758910-42F5-49BE-BCA6-11B790DDCA42.png
566E6825-A8C1-461A-A5AA-4C59712B533F.png

I’d get another 338 lol

• Haha
The 556 Take Down was that heavy to keep its price really, really low, and the DSU was made to keep the muzzle and ear numbers under 140 dB throughout the defined lifecycle.

The high speed (and high cost) version of it would be a MK18 type build with a specific gas port size and a Dominus-SR.

hmm - if not the DSU - then how about a 2=1, 1=0 thought process? Just get duplicates of what you have - however I think you should go down the SR road - you can do both an SR 338 and SR version for your shorter stuff - like the Dominus K in SR (assuming you have a standard Dominus already in a CB)...

hmm - if not the DSU - then how about a 2=1, 1=0 thought process? Just get duplicates of what you have - however I think you should go down the SR road - you can do both an SR 338 and SR version for your shorter stuff - like the Dominus K in SR (assuming you have a standard Dominus already in a CB)...
I have too many cans for my semi auto rifles and pretty happy with the current collection. Wanted to add more to the precision side of things.

I've got a Dominus-K SR sitting in jail. It'll attend some of its time on semi-autos, of course, but I also anticipate it becoming my suppressor of choice for wandering around in the woods with a short bolt gun. Obviously an Ultra 5 could accomplish the latter purpose.