• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need AR QD scope ring advice

Sendit6.5

Private
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2009
Sabinal, TX
www.brushyhill.com
Is there a fairly lightweight one piece QD cantilever scope mount for an AR? I’m putting some new glass on one of my predator rifles (AR frankengun) and I want to use QD so I can remove and swap to thermal at night.

I have a LaRue 1 piece on another rifle and a PEPR on yet another. Just haven’t bought anything in about 5-6 years and I’m not really up on what’s new/available/changed since. Trying to keep things as light as I can because I’m a wussy. Lol! And my kids like to go and they don’t like carrying heavy rifles. FWIW I’m going to put a Leupold VX6 HD 3-18x44 on it. I want quality and will bear the weight before I sacrifice quality/accuracy/repeatability.

The LaRue has been fine but, even so, I’ve never really liked the vertical ring design. I’d like to find something that either has a pic rail on the top of the ring(s) or that will accept a top half ring with a rail section - for mounting a flashlight or a micro red dot.

Any suggestions?

Not personally but have seen reviews and testing that showed positive results. Here's one:

I know 8541 Tactical did a comparison some time ago with the ADM and Bobro mount and it had near perfect return to zero on his rifle where the ADM took a few shots to settle it seemed like.