• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need better understanding of SCR2 1/4 Mil

sanpedroranch

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
About to pull the trigger on a new XTR, but I’m not understanding the advantage(s) of the standard SCR2 and the 1./4 mil version. Is it a 2.5:1 mil click ratio i.e. 4 clicks equal (1) mil versus 10 clicks? If it is does that materially next 2.5x more travel? I guess I’m just dense. Looking at Burris’s website didn’t help.

About to pull the trigger on a new XTR, but I’m not understanding the advantage(s) of the standard SCR2 and the 1./4 mil version. Is it a 2.5:1 mil click ratio i.e. 4 clicks equal (1) mil versus 10 clicks? If it is does that materially next 2.5x more travel? I guess I’m just dense. Looking at Burris’s website didn’t help.

It's actually far simpler than that.

Nothing is different about the turret system, it's all in .1 mil clicks like all other mil scopes. It's the reticle itself. The subtensions are at .25, .5, and .75 mils. Instead of .2, .4, .6, and .8 mils.

Quarter mil fans believe its easier.

Reactions: sanpedroranch
No the turrets are still .1. The reticle sub-tensions are .25 mil instead of .2 so similar to the Leupold PR2. So the reticle is a little less cluttered.

Buy the 2 1/4 version and then decide you don’t like it and sell it to me for a “used” price, I need one😁

• Haha
Reactions: Birddog6424