• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need brass options/opinions

25 creedmoor brass

• Total voters

Swamppy

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2019
Benton, Louisiana
I am about to start testing the 25 Creed. I have done a little research and can buy brass form Peterson and Alpha. This is where all opinions are welcome. Peterson bulk runs about 91 cents a case. Alpha runs about 1.15 a case. I think I may better served necking up Lapua 6 creed or necking down 6.5 Creed brass. I have never in the past done either of these. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. The Lapua brass run about a buck a case and is readily available. Would it be worth the extra time?

Peterson is great brass, right up there with Lapua. I'd buy Peterson and go straight into loading, save yourself the step.

Reactions: Averageman
got lucky almost 400 pieces of alpha brass waiting to be used boy it's pretty brass ..

All you would have to do is run the 6.5 brass through your sizer with a smaller bushing. I run new 6.5x47 brass through a .282 bushing in one step and start loading 25x47.

All you would have to do is run the 6.5 brass through your sizer with a smaller bushing. I run new 6.5x47 brass through a .282 bushing in one step and start loading 25x47.
Dont mean to hijack but i suppose your getting almost identical speeds with the 25x47 vs the 25CM?

Both Peterson, as well as Alpha Munitions make excellent 6.5 Creedmoor brass. I just received a box of Alpha brass, and upon initial inspection, they seen to be top of the line.

I'd go with 6CM Lapua, but I'd leave it as-is.

131 Blackjacks and 135gr Bergers are nearly $0.60 a bullet, and are out of stock so often they make .243/6mm bullets at ~$0.40 per seem cheap and plentiful/ubiquitous... so JMHO, but might as well just shoot .243/6mm.

Barrels are the cheapest part.