• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need ear pro for the shop

Swift

Chief Bagel Technician
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2010
Cleveland, OH
Just took a new job. The parts we run are deburred, washed and blown dry by the operator before they hit the Mangill and go out the door. When you hit the bonnets and internal features with the airgun just right, though never intentional, it creates a shrieking whistle that has my left ear still ringing 3 weeks later. Tinnitus, anyone? At the same time, I still need to communicate and big muffs, electronic or not, are not comfortable for 12 hours so I'm looking for an in ear solution.

Also on a sidenote: I'm due for new boots and have lost faith in the quality of Red Wing after this Chinese nonsense(that's a whole new thread) so I'll take suggestions there, too. Steel toe is not required and I don't want it. OIL(not slip) resistant, however, is a must. Again, comfort is king.

Last edited:
I have a set of Shure in ear buds that I wear while running my machines in my shop. They have the best noise reducing ear buds that I have tried and I have tried a lot of various manufacturers. They also have some of the best sound quality of any of the in ear designs.

Double-H boots are fantastic if you are looking for a new brand. Made in the USA.

With boots I think you can go two ways. Either as cheap as possible and replace frequently or spend the money for a ten year boot. I'm not a fan of the cheaper method so I can't really suggest something. In the spendy category I first turn to Wesco.