• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Need extra Enco tool holder for my tool post

Hummer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2009
SC Cradle of the Confederacy
Hey if anyone runs across a ENCO 35 B tool holder they don't need please hit me with a PM. I would like to have a couple pre set for threading, parting, turning etc. Would not mind an extra boring bar holder. Thanks guys

Re: Need extra Enco tool holder for my tool post

is their a comparable holder from Aloris , i know severa post will interchange holders

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is their a comparable holder from Aloris , i know severa post will interchange holders </div></div>

I know the tool holders themselves look similar. I'm sure if you call ENCO and get their master catalog they'll probably sell them to you one at a time if that's what you want.

Ral-Mik, Aloris, Enco and several imports all look pretty much the same. Something to remember if you do a lot of boring with round boring bars. You can also get them with a "V" notch cut in the bottom of the groove where the tool actually goes.

Good luck.

They are very easy to make, I've made 20 or 25 of them over the years. If they are to be light duty I make them from aluminum, otherwise I make them from barstock.

If you rip the dovetail longways in a 12" piece of stock, you can bandsaw off the holders on an as-needed basis having already done the hard part.

I've always used the Enco version of the Aloris quick-change tool posts. Accurate enough for my needs and a more affordable price for the average hobbyist. Should find it on www.usenco.com.