• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need griddle help

Shanghai McCoy

Private
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2013
    Oklahoma
    So my wife decided that our 1978 kitchen appliances and counter tops had to go. I had an electric genair downdraft that came with a griddle attachment. It worked fairly well and had an undermount grease jar in the cabinet. I knew how to use it and loved making bacon on it.

We changed to a gas range and are going to install a vent hood. I had a couple of ranges picked out, but they were not available with propane orifices. That limited my selection and I am not particuarly pleased with flame pattern.
    I am having trouble with finding a good griddle with a seperate grease trap and cooks evenly. What came with my range is junk and does not have a grease trap. In fact it is going to my range as a target.

I am looking at the following griddle. Does anyone have experience with it or any better ideas for a griddle on my range top?

Thanks in advance.

No experience with that, which you linked. But for years we've had one similar to this:

I believe ours is actually Lodge brand, and it is 'ribbed' (for her pleasure?) on one side. Thing is, the adds for the Lodge brand on that amazon site are not showing the 'ribbed' side.

And yes, each side has the 'grease groove' down the one edge.

Reactions: Shanghai McCoy