• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEED HELP 300WSM BARREL LENGTH

single shot

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2008
Colorado
GAP is building me a new shooter in 300WSM and need some feed back on barrel length . I am concerned about velocity loss I will be shooting 185 bergers it will have a brake on it so what do you think .I would like it to be 24inch with brake or less.
Manners MCS-T stock
Templar Action
Bartlien 5 R 11 1/4 .850 at muzzel
Thruster muzzle Brake
jewell Trigger

Re: NEED HELP 300WSM BARREL LENGTH

I can say that I originally build my rifle as a 20" WSM but that it did not work out with the heavier bullets. I rebarreled it at 24" and it is perfect for muzzle velocities and the heavier bullets, I have the badger brake which makes it 26" overall. Couldn't be happier.

When I had my WSM built I was told anything under 24" and I should pick a different cartridge.

26" if you use your rifle.... That means not just from the truck to the bench.

this one will see a lot of mountain action chaseing Elk <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">26" if you use your rifle.... That means not just from the truck to the bench. </div></div>