• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Need help/advice with broken stud on ltr stock

Hawk Gunner

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2007
Mobile, AL
The front swivel stud on my ltr stock broke off at the range while using a bipod. It is broken inside the stock flush with the bottom of the nut. These appear molded into the stock. Any advise or ideas as to how to fix this. Also a good place for replacement studs? I looked at academy and bass pro they only have the wood screw type.

Thanks for any help you can give

Re: Need help/advice with broken stud on ltr stock

Use a reverse drill bit that is smaller than the screw and drill into the center of the screw, it should come right out unless you bent it in the process of breaking it off.

Ok, i pulled the 2nd front one out. It's a 10-24 thread as was confirmed by HS. They have switches patterns to a 10-32 and dont have those screws anymore. I've look at brownells and googled but cant find any 10-24's only 10-32's.....

Anyone know where i can find any 10-24's or a suggestion to go from here?

Make sure which one you have, give me your mailing addy in a PM and I'll send you one, you being from Bama and all.
grin.gif

HS has all theirs mixed up and those guys picking for shipping don't have a clue as to what thread is what. They just grab whatever is in the box.

It's a long story, but trust me as I went back and forth with them over the same issue. I sheared my front one off in a comp while shooting from a make shift 12/12 roof and had to use the second as backup like you.