• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Need help appraising pre-64 Winchester

paraman1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2003
Boise , Idaho
Anyone here hip to the values on pre-64 Winchesters ? Please contact me via the site and I can provide pictures and any other data needed to help me price a rifle .

Re: Need help appraising pre-64 Winchester

Send it on over and I'll give it the best appraisal I can. I am certain your Pop would agree
grin.gif

Without looking at pics it's hard to guess as to value. Post up the pics anyway becuae we all want to see it!

Here are some pics and a little more info . Caliber is listed as a 30govt06 with a serial number of 17XXXX which dates it to 1951 . Barrel length is 24 inches with the front site having been removed and the rear dovetail filled . The rifle is a Right bolt but the stock is set up for a left handed shooter and may have been added after it was originally built . It is in Fair condition but has obviously been someones hunting rig .

If there is any other information that would help bring us to a fair market value please let me know and I will do my level best to get it .

Winchester_Model_70_5_.JPG

Winchester_Model_70_6_.JPG

Winchester_Model_70_7_.JPG

Winchester_Model_70_8_.JPG

I've owned a couple and still have one so I can give you some basic information.

I start with the formula of Pre-64 = $1000.00 +/-and then add or subtract from there.

I see that your rifle is a very common caliber. Subtract$.
I see that it has a scope mounted. Subtract$
It appears to have a stock that is not original. Subtract$

Looking on Guntrader or Guns America is a good option and will also be educational.

I would hazard a guess of somewhere in the neighborhood of $600-700 on the high side depending upon the shape of the barrel.

Unless there is a lot of family value to that rifle it would be something if I owned it that I would consider building into something more interesting.
smile.gif

Good Luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's worth more in your safe than if you sold it. It is modified and not original as well as being a common caliber which devalues any serious collectability </div></div>

Its not mine so it actually isn't worth anything in my safe ... LOL