• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need Help: Arisaka Model 99 Optics

MattSalmons

Private
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2009
I inherited an Arisaka Model 99 from my grandfather. It has a turned down bolt which is serialized with the rifle, so I believe they are a pair. I'm trying to put it back together, and three parts I'm missing are the dust cover, monopod and scope. The first two are easy enough to find new and occasionally pop up when a rifle has been parted out, but the scope is a diffrent monster. Is there anyone out there who can help me track down a origional scope for a fair price, (I know, that's asking a miracle) or atleast direct me to a vendor to get a functioning replica? I'd also like someone to confirm that I've actually got a sniper variant. I'm pretty sure, but I'd post pictures if there's an expert that could confirm.

Thanks for the help guys.

Re: Need Help: Arisaka Model 99 Optics

I don't know very much about Japanese rifles but the CSP Jouster site has a forum dedicated to them and they will probably be able to help you out. The forum just came back up after being down for a month but they are back up and running full steam now. Good luck, I love seeing these old rifles brought back to life!!!

http://www.milsurps.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103