• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help choosing a bipod

saleen308

Private
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2009
Katy, TX
My rifle is in the sig. I'm 5'-9". I'll mostly shoot on the bench but, can see myself shooting prone. I can't figure out which height, brand, swivel, no swivel, etc.

Re: Need help choosing a bipod

The harris 6-9" leg notch swivel seems to be very popular. The swivel pods allow you to keep the rifle level on uneven ground and the leg notch's give you fixed height adjustments for each leg. harris bipod

trust me go with the Atlas, you will not be disappointed, they are leaps and bounds better than the harris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">trust me go with the Atlas, you will not be disappointed, they are leaps and bounds better than the harris </div></div>

I looked at those but they looked like they were geared towards the AR crowd.

definitely not geared towards the AR crowd, although they require a picatinny rail, they are geared towards precision rifles. Id get the BT10 with the rail kit they offer and run with it. You will not be disappointed

You can also look at the Seekins sling rail.
I have them on two rifles with Atlas bi pods.
YOU CANNOT GO WRONG WITH ATLAS!!!!

I just picked up an ATLAS myself. My action is at the smith so I cannot try it at this time but I will say just sitting on the stock it load much easier then the harris. I like the fell of the pod and the fact that it will flip in 4 direction instead of 2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: saleen308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I looked at those but they looked like they were geared towards the AR crowd. </div></div>

Wrong! But I can see from the pics on Kasey's website front page why you might get that impression.

I have one on my AW - it is a great bipod - light, flexible to use and upgrade, easy to load, well-made and effective. Check out the thread where one of the guys did a slip test against a Harris.

Also no need for PodLocks etc. Kasey's engineered a great mechanism that allows the bipod to be as stiff or sloppy as you'd want/need.

IMHO, beats the Harris hands down....I'm putting a rail on my GAP to fit the Atlas and it'll be my standard.

Look into the Bobro. The Harris seems to be the go-to for most AR guys. The Bobro is something you just have to see for yourself.

the bobro mounts on a picatinny rail as well, is just as expensive as the Atlas, so why buy something that not to many here use and endorse? Seems the atlas is the winner here for best bipod out there right now