• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Need help choosing budget friendly spotter with reticle

ajdemar215

Private
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2017
Title bout sums it up, I’m looking at spotters and it has to have a reticle, would like to stay in the $1000 and under range. I spent some time behind the bushnell T 15-45 this weekend and wasn’t to impressed. I’ve seen this new Sightmark Latitude XD tactical 20-60x80 for $700 but have zero experience with Sightmark and unfamiliar with their glass quality. Also the athlon Cronus and bushnell 8-40 with the Horus, Amy advice and unknown models would be appreciated.

My buddy at Vortex tells me that they will be revealing a reticle eyepiece for the Razor HD spotting scopes at SHOT show in January. Might be worth waiting for.

Reactions: ajdemar215
If you need it now, Bushnell Legend T 15-45.

If you can wait a bit, I'm hearing rumors of a new and improved LMSS coming out around shot. I've currently got a Legend T, and for the price ($400 street price) it's really hard to beat. I've used mine out to 1700 with 6.5 Creedmoor and SAUM and I could still pick up impacts at that distance.

Reactions: ajdemar215
There’s a bushnell outlet in my area and we get discounts for being NRA/local club members so it’s very hard for me to stray away from bushnell as a whole... I have 4 DMR’s and love them. We had an ERL match this weekend and I really didn’t care for the T 15-45.... I don’t know if it was the crosshairs reticle that gave me a hard time or what, I just didn’t like it much. The LMSS leaves the top open and I really like it, just more than I really want to spend, even with my discount. I’m ruling out that new Sightmark just from ignorance of the company as a whole, $700 is a little rich for my blood for a gamble. Hopefully there are some goodies coming this year for shot!

There’s a bushnell outlet in my area and we get discounts for being NRA/local club members so it’s very hard for me to stray away from bushnell as a whole... I have 4 DMR’s and love them. We had an ERL match this weekend and I really didn’t care for the T 15-45.... I don’t know if it was the crosshairs reticle that gave me a hard time or what, I just didn’t like it much. The LMSS leaves the top open and I really like it, just more than I really want to spend, even with my discount. I’m ruling out that new Sightmark just from ignorance of the company as a whole, $700 is a little rich for my blood for a gamble. Hopefully there are some goodies coming this year for shot!

The centered reticle isn't that bad, and it's easy to put the target slightly offset from center to give you a clearer field of view. On mine, I can actually play with the reticle focus enough to almost make the reticle disappear without losing focus on the target.

Title bout sums it up, I’m looking at spotters and it has to have a reticle, would like to stay in the $1000 and under range. I spent some time behind the bushnell T 15-45 this weekend and wasn’t to impressed. I’ve seen this new Sightmark Latitude XD tactical 20-60x80 for $700 but have zero experience with Sightmark and unfamiliar with their glass quality. Also the athlon Cronus and bushnell 8-40 with the Horus, Amy advice and unknown models would be appreciated.
Do you have any advice for spotting scope $100 and under . I too am near bushnell outlet . Roger

No offense, but save up until you have a better budget. $400 will get you something decently useable. $100 will not get you anything you’d want to actually use.