• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Need help completing my rifle

Sid Post

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 13, 2006
Texas and Oklahoma, USA
I just received my McMillan HTG stock for my 338-06 Remington 700 ADL action. I thought I could rob some action screws from my 700PSS but, no luck. The thread pitches seem to be different.
confused.gif

Please help me order the right parts the first time so I can go shooting ASAP! I think I need the following:

<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]stock screw - what length and thread pitch?[*]two trigger guard screws - what length and thread pitch?[*]trigger guard - factory steel or something else?[*]Blind floor plate and magazine spring?[/list]

While I'm at it, I should probably get a new cocking mechanism to get rid of the interal J-lock components. What else might I be missing (scope and bases are in-house)?

Re: Need help completing my rifle

I chased some crud out of the threads and got one of the screws to hold the action in the stock. I still need two additional screws though.