• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need help deciding on a scope

Geld6

Private
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2010
Hampton Roads, VA
I've narrowed it down to four. Factors: Quality, Features, and Price. Please reply with your choice and a one sentence reason.

U.S. Optics SN3 3.2-17x58 Mil/Mil GAP
Nightforce F1 NXS 3.5-15x50 MLR2 FFP
Premier 3-15x50 LT FFP Gen 2 XR
S&B PMII 3-20x50 Klein

Platform: LMT308MWSE

Primary uses: practice and competitive tactical sniping and hunting.

Hopefully, I will only have to practice and compete with the tactical sniping part but, I want to be ready for the zombies if the SHTF time comes.

Thanks,

Tom B.

Re: Need help deciding on a scope

this link is the extended google search feature for this website. there is numerous information on all of these scopes and can be found with a simple search.

http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=010955838166721108978:qcbx5qqy10o&hl=en

with that said, in my opinion....steer clear of USO and premier. The nightforce would be an excellent optic for your "sniping" practice. And I am sure after using the above link you will learn that the S&B 3-20 with a klein is not yet available...to sum it up....go nightforce and don't look back

USO is a great company and they make great scopes.

Premier are make great scopes also.

Nightforce have been one of the most reliable scopes we have ever sold.

S&B make great stuff (forgive them of there OLD MTC knob).

I know you did not say Leupold but I will say they really have stepped up their game. I really like the Mark4 M5 scopes.

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3ZsBpuuKW7I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3Jbq7CxHhVw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mike @ CST

NF least exspensive of the "Good Glass"
Im very pleased with mine & their customer support,
NF is good people

Im shooting NF and US both are great scopes. Iv shot with a S&B glass was great.I personal didnt like thier turrets.Hey thats why they make different ones.Premier I havent shot or seen one. Been hearing great things though. Next buy.

Personally right now my US optics is number one.

Another +1 for the F1. That exact scope (F1 MLR2) will be going on my MWS once they come back in stock, in the mean time I'm going to pick up something else to slap on it.

I've had a Premier 3-15, SN-3 3.2-17, SN-3 3.2-17 TPAL, S&B 4-16, S&B 5-25, and a F1 with the old 5 mil knobs and MLR reticle and the NF was the best. IMO the Premier and USO glass didn't compare to the F1 and S&B glass. Both of the USO's and Premier had to go back for repair (the Tpal three times). The 5 S&B's I've had were all great and problem free. The F1 is not only one of the most reliable scopes made but it's also a very good value for the features and quality you get for a little over $2k. I'd take a F1 over anything else on the market right now.

nightforce would give you great repeatably and good glass. you'll pay more for a USO and i would put glass quality on par with nightforce. with the schmidt and bender your upgrading your optics. i would steer clear of the premier scopes as others have said