• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need help deciding which spuhr mount to get

david8989

The Tactical Texan
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2011
Bowie, TX
Okay, I've got a new 4.5-27x56 Razor II on pre-order and I wanted to go ahead and have a mount ready for it when it gets here. Here's my issue, The new razors lose about 3 mils of total elevation over the Gen 1's (which is what I have now). I would like to get that elevation back, externally. Ideally I want 30 MOA of external cant. But the cheaper option would be to get a 20 MOA Spuhr mount to go with the 20 MOA base I already have to give me 40 MOA total. Will I be able to get this to zero at 100 and still not have any distortion when looking through the glass? Or my other and more expensive option would be to buy a 0 MOA rail and 30 MOA Spuhr mount. Which option would perform better?

Man, I thought our ELR guys would be chiming in quick on this one. Nobody has any experience with this?

Savage 12LRP in .260 Rem. I know for max effective range I don't need that much elevation but I do semi-regularly take it from 1500 to a mile and play around. With my DA normally 0-1K I need quite a bit of elevation not to have to hold over

The lowest spuhr is still going to be high on that. I'd get a 30-40moa base if that's what you want and a set of the spuhr rings that are 1.0" tall.