• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need Help: Discreet SBR Backpack with internal molle

Mattrmvpd

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2004
South Georgia
Ok.... i am looking for a VERY discreet backpack to carry an AR15 Pistol. 8” barrel but has the Law Tactica Folding adapter sooo it is very compact.

Needs to have some molle inside the packpack to secure the weapon and some accessories.

What do you all recommend or use?

Thanks
M

For anyone else who might have this question, I have a Mystery Ranch Urban Assault. it doesn't have internal molle, but hides an SBR with a Law folder very well, and doesn't scream tactical.

The Mystery Ranch is nice. I just needed something that was a tad shorter. I did like the look of that bag though and its at a pretty good price.

Just a curiosity, what are y’all doing that you carry around a rifle in a backpack for? Just to leave in the truck? I’d get tired lugging it around

I only carry mine during certain times, not all the time. The Urban Assault pack is built just right for this kind of thing. It's tall but not very wide. I'm 5'10" and 185, and it still doesn't appear oversized on me. The shoulder straps are substantial enough to make the load comfortable. It comes in a lot of normal colors, and will NEVER scream tactical to the outside world. Just wide enough to fit an SBR with the mag still inserted, not too tight to extract the weapon in a hurry if (God forbid) it ever needs to be deployed. The rip open top helps in that area as well. I put mine barrel down in the laptop sleeve with the stock folded. That way if I've got some extra stuff in the bottom of the bag the weapon isn't snagging on anything on the way out.
MR SBR 2.jpg
MR SBR 1.jpg

Last edited:
Mines always behind the drivers seat and comes with me to clients when I get out of the car. Has my laptop in front pocket. I travel to Philly 3 days a week.

Reactions: spife7980
I carry mine in a Eberlestock Cherry Bomb pack, stock folded and muzzle down, in rear compartment. It has some internal MOLLE for mounting some pouches. I've taken it to outdoor events in parks and such (where bag won't be searched). I always make it a point to pull out some snacks and shit from the front zippered area to give harmless impression to folks around me. Best to keep the sheep in a state of comfort...

Crye has a low-profile backpack that’s so low-profile, I’ve been asked multiple times in the United lounge in San Francisco where I got it. I get a chuckle thinking about them loading Crye’s web site from their open-office Silicon Valley desks.