• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Need help finding a Buffalo or Nilgai for Dad's type 1 diabetic diet....

Southbreeze

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2011
Vancleave, MS
Hey Gents,

I'm not asking for a handout or freebie. I have a farm too and understand what it costs. I was hoping you guys might know of someone having a cull hunt on Buffalo, Nilgai or some other big sized meat animal, that I can fill Pop's freezer with. I would like for Pop to take the shot if possible and I've got plenty of heavy armament to put him on for longer shots.

His doc has put him on a veggie diet and can only have wild meat (and no hog unfortunately.) He's dropped about 30 lbs so far, but he's been a carnivore his whole life and I want to help keep him on this path. He's 67 and has just dropped below 280 lbs for the first time in ten years. Doc thinks we can get him off of insulin around 230 lbs or so.

As an option to sweeten the deal, I can drag a big ass smoker along and some wild cherry, we can cook, do a fundraiser, customer/employee appreciation dinner and cash to boot.....Whatever.

I've got two pits to choose from; a 500lb and/or a 300lb rotisserie style smokers to choose from and both are road warriors.

Thanks ahead of time for any help with this.

Cheers,
'breeze

It'd be a LONG haul, but i know that several of the indian rez's here in Montana offer buffalo "hunts" and are pretty reasonable for a cow. There are also several buffalo farmers that offer canned "hunts".

Not sure, never pursued it. I know several people that have done said hunts though. I have an uncle from MN that comes out and kills one on one of the northern MT rez's every couple years.

I have looked into the rez hunts. Its not hard to get onto one you just have to know a Guy and grease palms. There are some big farms in the Dakotas and a couple in Wyoming. The last time I looked into it for a cow you were in the 3 grand range for a cow on the ranches.

Try Terry Bison Ranch in Cheyenne WY, just north of the Colorado border. I'm pretty sure they do hunts.

Yassir, you right there, it is a haul from the coast! If I had only known, when we went to Eagle Pass Lodge in SD last year for a pheasant hunt that a fellow hider hooked us up with; I would have bought a freezer there and got us one then.

Thanks for the input guys.

Breeze

Found a place near Corpus offering weekend "20 -25 animal meat hunts" for a pretty decent price. The Lonesome Bull Ranch. Their freerange exotics are only fed coastal hay with no corn or grain supplements. So that fit's the doctor's prescription of wild meat for us.

I'm going to try something with them in Jan when I get my arse out of Koreaville.

Cheers,
Breeze