• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need help finding a scope

Infringed711

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2012
San Diego, PRK
So I've been looking around for awhile now and I'm having trouble finding a scope that fits all of my requirements. What I'm looking for is:

-somewhere in the 3-15 magnification range
-FFP (mandatory)
-illumination (mandatory)
-zero stop (mandatory)
Below $2000 (preferably below $1700 but I might be able to stretch to $2000)
I like nice glass (don't we all) but I'm not expecting S&B quality, that being said I've had a vortex pst 4-16 and I wasn't a huge fan

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank You

These are most likely to be pretty incredible for the money:
Vortex 3-18x50 Razor HD Gen II 30mm Rifle Scope
A 'Hide vendor may be able to get it right at you max budget, worth looking into.

The New Burris XTR II 3-15x50 meets your requirements and will likely be one of the best values of the new 2014 model scopes. No-fault lifetime warranty too:
Burris 3-15x50 XTR II 34mm Rifle Scope

Beyond those, a Hide vendor may be able to get a Nightforce F1 somewhere close to your max budget, or keep an eye out for a used one. You could also look into an IOR 3.5-18x, the have remarkable glass but a somewhat tarnished reputation for reliability. The new stuff is supposedly better. Lot of scope for the money, but peace of mind goes to Nightforce and Vortex HD.

These are most likely to be pretty incredible for the money:
Vortex 3-18x50 Razor HD Gen II 30mm Rifle Scope
A 'Hide vendor may be able to get it right at you max budget, worth looking into.

The New Burris XTR II 3-15x50 meets your requirements and will likely be one of the best values of the new 2014 model scopes. No-fault lifetime warranty too:
Burris 3-15x50 XTR II 34mm Rifle Scope

Beyond those, a Hide vendor may be able to get a Nightforce F1 somewhere close to your max budget, or keep an eye out for a used one. You could also look into an IOR 3.5-18x, the have remarkable glass but a somewhat tarnished reputation for reliability. The new stuff is supposedly better. Lot of scope for the money, but peace of mind goes to Nightforce and Vortex HD.

I forgot about the new Razors, they look awesome. So say I do break the 2k cap how do you think the Razor would stack up against some of the others in that range like the PR light tactical or others?

Forgot about the new Razors, they look awesome. If I did break the 2k cap how do you think the Razor would stack up against others in that price range like the PR light tactical or a used Steiner?

Do you need the low 3x for anything specific? If not then the Vortex Razor 5-20x fits the bill and will be less than $2000.

I'm trying to keep the weight down as much as possible so I'm conflicted on the razors. If I could find an F1 for that price I'd jump on it but new they are the same price as the Premier Light tactical or a Steiner 4-16 or 3-12