• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help finding aperture rear sight with "scale"

WRM

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2004
MO
Greetings Hiders,

I am having trouble finding a particular rail-mounted aperture rear sight that I saw last year in a Multi-Gun competition....

Picture the MaTech BUIS , and note the elevation scale and adjustment lever on the left side.

Does anyone know where I can find a fixed (not folding) rear sight like that, with the EL scale and adjustment lever?

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated. If all else fails, I'll try the MaTech, but would rather have a more robust, non-folding sight for my purposes. I can't seem to find that sight anywhere.

Thanks much!,

Bill

Re: Need help finding aperture rear sight with "scale"

I believe that the way the matech works it has to fold to give the different elevations.

Look for a SCAR rear sight, its similar but a twist to adjust elevation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THE_Shithead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe that the way the matech works it has to fold to give the different elevations.

Look for a SCAR rear sight, its similar but a twist to adjust elevation. </div></div>

I didn't think about the folding aspect as being related to the EL adjustment, but that does make sense now that I think about it.

I was able to get the information from the "source" this morning, and it was, indeed, the MaTech rear, so I'll give that a try. I really liked the idea of that scale, as he taped over the factory scale and was able to mark the tape for his exact drop/load, so very fast and precise.

No wonder I couldn't find a "fixed" sight similar to the MaTech - there isn't one!...

Thank you for the input,

Bill

What about the LMT? It is basically an A2 sight stripped down to just the sight that clamps on. It is a pretty good piece, it is on the SOPMOD list of parts to use.

Personally, I like the KAC 600m sights, but those fold. Small profile and they have fine graduations. The micro 600's cost less and are almost identical. They work nearly as good as issue factory A2's in a pinch. They are on the SOPMOD list too, so they are generally good tested parts that work. Never let me down anyway and I've been using one for ten years now.