• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help finding large rifle magnum primers in AL

Hawk Gunner

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2007
Mobile, AL
Im critically low on these but have plenty of others. Does anyone know of a place that has or is likely to have some? I have to go to Birmingham on Monday morning. If anybody knows a place between Mobile and Birmingham to look I'd sure appreciate the tip. Heck if its within a 3.5 hr drive of mobile, AL in any direction i'm willing to travel. I dont need a big stash, 1,000 will last a few years.

Thanks!

Re: Need help finding large rifle magnum primers in AL

Hawk,
I am in the same boat. The only place I can find them is on Gunbroker but I refuse to pay their asking price. I keep thinking I will run acros a small out of the way shop that has a 1k pack sitting in a dusty corner. I have also heard that Wolf is expecting a large shipment in June but who knows if they will even hit the shelfs due to the larg amount of back orders out there.

Re: Need help finding large rifle magnum primers in AL

I wasnt planning to reload for hunting rifles or I would have stocked up when i did the others.

Re: Need help finding large rifle magnum primers i

If you can't locate any in Montgomery or B'ham, there's a place in Atlanta that a month ago was getting $6/100. PM me if interested.

The public library in Mobile should have Yellow Pages for out of town. You can get phone numbers and call shops that sell components.

Re: Need help finding large rifle magnum primers i

Hawk,
I can spare a couple of hundred. I will be in class in Bessemer, which is about 20 minutes west of Birmingham. $6.00 for 200 primers or I'll take small or large regular or magnum pistol in trade. I am 2 minutes from the interstate. Not a 1000 but might get you through the year.