• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help from Snipers!!! Please help

Re: Need help from Snipers!!! Please help

Looks pretty good. How long before you get someone dressed out in it?

Not sure I don't have a lot of money I would need an investor or the US Army to fund me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: camomallninja</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure I don't have a lot of money I would need an investor or the US Army to fund me.</div></div>

patents are cheap if you do the homework. a patent lawyer is more expensive, but gets you there.

then it market it to hunting apparel manufacturers, sell the patent to them, with a percent of roylaties.

the pattern looks pretty good in the videos.

the midget is hot!

No you did not! I have the midget bent over that bush to the left

You're good for deer... that's for sure.

The midget is hot but any way of connecting me with where I need to go next?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JudahBenHur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're good for deer... that's for sure. </div></div>

It really work good when viewed in person i wonder how it would perform under NIR

i would just get a mirror, cut a hole in it to see through....and a carry handle on the rear....and go stalk away....they'll never see ya,,,,,,and the color will match perfect

I didn't watch the videos. Is this just for hunting or what?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JudahBenHur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't watch the videos. Is this just for hunting or what? </div></div>

What I am trying to do is make a pattern that works is multiple environments.

This is going to be a military camo

DAMMIT! There were midgets and I missed it. Crap! I just had to take a break to watch some tv and make a grilled cheese...dam.

FYI: Once you have brought something into the public domain (posting it here) it is no longer patentable (well you still can but it's impossible to defend). We had a boss who would show things (bragging) at shows like SEMA. Then we lost the ability to patent it when our patent attorneys found out what he had done.

Wow. The camo was so good that it's really invisible now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...it is no longer patentable...</div></div>

Find better lawyers - that's complete BS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...it is no longer patentable...</div></div>

Find better lawyers - that's complete BS.
</div></div>

No, read my whole post. I provided the reason why. See you can patent all kinds of things but like I said, once you show it off to the public (pre-patent application) you render it impossible to defend. Thus, the patent is worthless and is not worth pursuing, hence - no longer patentable.

I worked in a research lab of a Fortune 10 company, initially for a guy who had one patent which paid for the annual budget of the entire lab, which had several hundred employees. We dealt with patents every day - it's what we did, and we were schooled in depth on dealing with patentable inventions.

If you believe that, you need different lawyers. But believe what you wish.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I worked in a research lab of a Fortune 10 company, initially for a guy who had one patent which paid for the annual budget of the entire lab, which had several hundred employees. We dealt with patents every day - it's what we did, and we were schooled in depth on dealing with patentable inventions.

If you believe that, you need different lawyers. But believe what you wish.
</div></div>

I think it makes sense and I tend to agree with you but my last job at an engineering firm had a patent attorney who said that once you make something public -prior to applying for a patent- you made it indefensible, we obviously don't know the specifics and are both operating on hearsay. I dunno, like I said I tend to think you're right but there is something to why he said that though. If I still worked there I would ask him (laid off).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...my last job at an engineering firm had a patent attorney who said that once you make something public -prior to applying for a patent- you made it indefensible, we obviously don't know the specifics and are both operating on hearsay.</div></div>Your profile says that you are moving to law school to study patent law. If so then why wouldn't you look it up?

Have a look at Title 35 of the United States Code. According to what I read an invention must meet several requirements to be eligible for a patent: The invention must concern patentable subject matter (section 101); the invention must be novel and the application for a patent on the invention must be timely (section 102); the invention must be non-obvious (section 103); and the invention must be sufficiently documented (section 112).

Now look at the conditions in Section 102: What you are referring to might be the general limitation on patent rights that in the U.S. the owner cannot have publicly disclosed the invention anywhere in the world for more than one year prior to the filing of the patent application (but see also 35 U.S.C. Section 273: A limited, not for profit academic experimental use exception).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...once you show it off to the public (pre-patent application) you render it impossible to defend. Thus, the patent is worthless and is not worth pursuing, hence - no longer patentable.</div></div>Of course none of this is advice but, based on what you yourself said, any general statement that making an idea public prevents a patent can't possibly be accurate. Nor can any conclusion that a patent is 'imposssible' to defend because any attempted defense would make a defense possible. Nor would it make sense that a patent application which is impossible to defend is worthless because the defense costs something. And, it makes even less sense to say that a patent application no longer worth pursuing is no longer patentable because whether it's worth pursuing has nothing to do with whether or not the patent can be obtained.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So look it up.</div></div>

And you <span style="font-style: italic">did</span>? You <span style="font-weight: bold">cheater!!!</span>
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">cheater!!!</span>
laugh.gif
</div></div>LOL!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... we obviously don't know the specifics and are both operating on hearsay. </div></div>I forgot to add that whether or not the statement Lindy offered was hearsay depends entirely on what it was that he was trying to prove.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...my last job at an engineering firm had a patent attorney who said that once you make something public -prior to applying for a patent- you made it indefensible, we obviously don't know the specifics and are both operating on hearsay.</div></div>

Your profile says that you are moving to law school to study patent law. If so then why wouldn't you look it up?

Have a look at Title 35 of the United States Code. According to what I read an invention must meet several requirements to be eligible for a patent: The invention must concern patentable subject matter (section 101); the invention must be novel and the application for a patent on the invention must be timely (section 102); the invention must be non-obvious (section 103); and the invention must be sufficiently documented (section 112).

Now look at the conditions in Section 102: What you are referring to might be the general limitation on patent rights that in the U.S. the owner cannot have publicly disclosed the invention anywhere in the world for more than one year prior to the filing of the patent application (but see also 35 U.S.C. Section 273: A limited, not for profit academic experimental use exception).
</div></div>

You're right I should have looked at the code before posting. Like I said earlier, it sounded weird but the patent attorney (outside firm) that worked for my previous employer wouldn't touch anything that had been leaked, citing the aforementioned reasoning. I can only speculate why they wouldn't touch the 'tainted' IP but they were pretty strict about it. I actually went shooting with a buddy who still works there on Saturday and the topic came up. Apparently the company and the patent firm have ceased their relationship but we didn't know why. Thanks for the heads up, I always thought there was something weird about it. I haven't taken the IP class yet but I do have the mech. engineering degree to sit for the patent bar.

the pattern has now been altered and even more effective then in the video. So it's not the same one posted here and is fully protected

threadtastesfail.jpg