• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes need help. gun wont zero

sniper307

Lieutenant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2005
louisiana
scenario. rem 700 pss in AICS. was wearing LEU 6.5 x 20 mildot in LEU med rings on TPS 20 moa base. shot like a house on fire. took that optic, ring,base set up and put on my 40x trainer. mounted NEW NIGHTFORCE 20 MOA base and med rings on PSS. put LEU 6.5 x 20 TMR in them. scope is proven. cant get it to zero at 100 yds. running out of down adjustment. i think the rings are med, but now im not sure. i am about crazy.

Re: need help. gun wont zero

If the impact is above the point of aim and you have the turret turned until you are out of "down" adjustment then you need a flatter base.

i understand that. i have never had a problem seroing any rifle with either of those two scopes are any other leupolds. maybe i got a 30 moa base in a 20 moa package.

eek.gif
Weird! Maybe it's time to take everything off and start again!
eek.gif

i agree bro. call the place where u ordered the base from and get the measurement for both a 20 moa and a 30 moa base vs what u have and you'll know what u got.

Just a thought, is your 40X still in the 40X stock (the one with the little adjustable pressure pads for the barrel....that may be pushing your barrel up)?

Never mind, I reread your initial post. I thought it was the trainer you couldn't get to zero, not the PSS in AICS.