• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need Help Identifying Barrel and markings vintage

Firewind707

Private
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2022
United States
I have been searching for ages to identify this barrel. It would seem like it has Beretta/Italian markings. It doesn't look like a bm59 barrel or a Garand barrel exactly, so I really don't know what it is. Any thoughts? Thank you so much for the assist!

Attachments

• IMG_3612.JPG
    IMG_3612.JPG
    406.7 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_3611.JPG
    IMG_3611.JPG
    960.2 KB · Views: 126
Any thoughts? Thank you so much for the assist!
I'm 99% certain that is an Italian "PB" barrel for the BM59, or more likely the BM69. It looks like the short 17.7" version used on the BM59 paratrooper rifle that I think used a unique flash hider. However, it could also be a barrel that SAI had made for the BM69, which was a civilian version that Springfield Armory Inc imported back in the mid or late 1980s. Here's an example of the BM69 which had a unique gas cylinder.

I have a very nice BM59 kit, but it needs the longer 19.3" "BM59 "Ital" barrel....(as seen in the 2nd pic, some reproduction 19.3" barrels were offered by SARCO a couple of years ago, but they were sold out and I have not found on yet).

Attachments

• BM59_project_parts_spring_2022.jpg
    BM59_project_parts_spring_2022.jpg
    388.9 KB · Views: 81
  • BM59_parts_repo_barrel_v2.jpg
    BM59_parts_repo_barrel_v2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Star/PSF: Post-1951 smokeless proof for Gardone & Brescia proof houses.

Shield/star/wings: Post-1951 provisional proof for Gardone proof house.

[AF] should be the code for year of manufacture, possibly 1980.

That would fit with @Random Guy and @sirhrmechanic 's suggestions. Possibly '80s BM59/69 imported by SAI, or just a barrel from the time that found its way to you.