• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help identifying this action

cmnspwr

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 12, 2009
Jackson, Tennessee
Was going through my late fathers stuff and found this. Says FN Made in Belgium. Anyone know what it is?

Ammo234.jpg

Re: Need help identifying this action

Hmm, looks pretty much like a standard FN commercial 98 mauser action. Pretty much the same as the Interarms Mk X/Charles Daily Mauser/Remington 798/Zastavia Mauser actions but made by FN all thru the 50's to present.

My camera can't pick up the markings but it has a Z with a star on top of it, what appears to be a little man below it. Below that is P V with what looks to be an arrow under it as well. On the trigger guard it has MI and just down from it is an E.

not really sure what there worth, a local mauser gunsmith sells them in cond. like yours for 100.00. Only problem is when you go to his shop you have to deal with his dogs
smirk.gif

a little more specifically he sells a vz24 check mauser 98 action for 100.00, large or small ring. non sporterized

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nmntz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not really sure what there worth, a local mauser gunsmith sells them in cond. like yours for 100.00. Only problem is when you go to his shop you have to deal with his dogs
smirk.gif
</div></div>

Whats wrong with Guss
smile.gif

lmao not sure its the same dog then, this dogs a butthole and growls all the time hahaha

large rings are like a long action, bigger rounds, most mausers ive ran into shoot the 8mm. however rebarrel and chamber i think is the term and you can shoot up to 338 i believe, (may need to be opened up on bolt) i do know that you cannot open up to 338 lm as the round is to big (from what i was told) for the action to handle.

i did have a vz24 that was chambered in 264 winmag. that thing was a tack driver

If it says Belgium, it is probably an FN commercial Mauser.
Has anyone else suggested that?
smile.gif

I have been going to Washington and Montana gunshows and buying guns.
There are lots of guns that are way over priced. The few that are reasonably prices are typically dickered down 10% or 20% when they sell.

FN Mauser rifles are worth $450.
The action alone is worth $250, but might sell for $150 from a dumb or motivated seller or $350 to a dumb or motivated buyer.

And if anyone has complete VZ24 actions for $100, I will take a dozen or two off your hands. I have the money in my pocket and I will meet you at the show. You will excuse me if I resell them all at the same show.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it says Belgium, it is probably an FN commercial Mauser.
smile.gif

There are lots of guns that are way over priced. The few that are reasonably prices are typically dickered down 10% or 20% when they sell.

The action alone is worth $250, but might sell for $150 from a dumb or motivated seller or $350 to a dumb or motivated buyer.

And if anyone has complete VZ24 actions for $100, I will take a dozen or two off your hands. I have the money in my pocket and I will meet you at the show. You will excuse me if I resell them all at the same show.</div></div>

$100 for a fine action is CHEAP. It may not have the popularity of the Remy, Howa, etc (factory stuff), but that doesn't mean it won't make a excellent rifle. Its worth more than $100. And as mentioned above, I'll take a couple VZ24 actions at a $100 a pop too.

ok then whats a decent vz24 action worth? ill post em on here for sale lol

ok i just talked to the guy i get the actions from, hes got argentine completes trigger group and btm metal, for 225.00 so im going to post them on here on the hide for 250.00 so i would personally say your complete action is worth around 250.00 range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it says Belgium, it is probably an FN commercial Mauser.
smile.gif

And if anyone has complete VZ24 actions for $100, I will take a dozen or two off your hands. I have the money in my pocket and I will meet you at the show. You will excuse me if I resell them all at the same show.</div></div>

$100 for a fine action is CHEAP. It may not have the popularity of the Remy, Howa, etc (factory stuff), but that doesn't mean it won't make a excellent rifle. Its worth more than $100. And as mentioned above, I'll take a couple VZ24 actions at a $100 a pop too.