• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Need help in re-focusing my anvis after a clean up.

***Ronin***

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2008
Denmark (EU)
Hey all...

Just upgraded my 2x anvis6 with new Eye oculars and took the tube out and wiped/cleaned inside it...

Now after re-installing everything the right side unit is missing the last twist to focus... its only focusing for few feets but cant get it to focus further cause i reached the end of twisting.

It wasn't like this before the clean up...

Would really like some advice how to get my full focus back...

There is nothing wrong with the eye ocular and tried to swicth them around... nothing helps.

Thank you for your time and replies...

Contact Pete from I2 Technologies. The guy is an ANVIS wizard. He is a member here.

Ronin,

1 - Did you remove the objectives to perform this maintenance?

If you did, what type of objectives do you have? Are they the older translational, newer 4 lobe translating, 4 lobe rotational or 3 lobe rotational? All but the latter are pictured below.

2 - Did you check to make sure the tube is properly seated? If the alignment 'nub' is not properly seated in the tubes alignment slot, the tube will not seat properly and will throw off focus.

Last edited:
Thank you for the pictures...

I don't know how to open the front lens as u showed on the picture... (really like to know without breaking anything).

I only changed the old anvis eye ocular to a pvs-14 eye ocular...

I will try to take it out again and see what i might have done wrong...

Hopefully u can teach me how to open the front ocular without breaking anything... its realllllly tight.

Thank you for your time and patients...

Stay frosty...

Yes i made sure that the alignment "Nub" was placed correctly.

Did you remove or other wise loosen the objective lenses?

If you didn't remove the objectives, the issue is likely caused by an improperly seated image intensifier or improperly installed tube lock ring.

Uninstall the tube on the affected side and carefully reinstall it.

If you did then you'll likely have to adjust the infinity focus stop ring, most likely threading it in (clockwise) slightly.

So do you have the 3/4 turn translating lenses depicted below?

Dude... you are my hero...

When u mentioned that i just have to twist it to loosen it then i added little more force and the front lens pops out..

It was the front lens which should have been tighten little more...

Now its focusing like a charm...

Thousand Thx mate...

Stay frosty...

You did the problem solving on your own, I just energized the neurons.

Awesome to know it's now operating as it should.