• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Need help making a drop chart

TooTall

Private
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2009
Thompson Falls Montana
Shooting a 180 Berger over 66 grains of H1000, out of a 7WSM.

OK, so I shoot at 500 yards, come up 5.5 MOA,
I shoot at 700 yards, come up 9.75 MOA,
I shoot at 1130 yards, come up 22.5 MOA.

How do I figure a drop chat, without shooting at every different yards?

Re: Need help making a drop chart

JBM...shoot to confirm.

Nothing replaces rounds down range.....

Put your numbers into JBM or go to dop3.com and put them there. See if they match your come-ups. You will probably need to do a little tweaking, but should find something that will work. Than print out the info. I transfer mine to a word doc and edit to my tastes. Make it the right size and print a table. Cut out and tape to stock.
How are things in the knapweed capital of Mt.? I grew up in Dixon. Might move back there if I could make a living and get rid of most of the people.

Knapweed, wolves, and out of staters. I hate it. Everybody around is retired and from some where else. I'm going east.

Also check our Vortex ballistic calculator. Fairly easy to work.

Too Tall well your welcome here in MI. LOL we have had close to 350,000 people leave the state over the last 5-10 years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Too Tall</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Knapweed, wolves, and out of staters. I hate it. Everybody around is retired and from some where else. I'm going east. </div></div>

That, Sir, is funny.

I understand about the retired and out of state. They have a tendency to move here because of the cheap land, then end up wanting to make it like the place they got tired of , with paved roads and all the comforts they had before, that they received from the gov't they wanted to get away from. Doesn't make much sense does it?
Where do you shoot there? I have never spent much time that far West, so I am not familiar with their range set-up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JeffP40</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I understand about the retired and out of state. They have a tendency to move here because of the cheap land, then end up wanting to make it like the place they got tired of , with paved roads and all the comforts they had before, that they received from the gov't they wanted to get away from. Doesn't make much sense does it?
Where do you shoot there? I have never spent much time that far West, so I am not familiar with their range set-up. </div></div>

We have a similar situation in Colorado. Many people move here because of what the ranchers, miners and farmers have made of this land and its beauty, then when they arrive the first thing they do is get on the local boards and hold offices in town councils, planning and zoning etc and try to make it just exactly like it was where they were trying to get away from. Fed up.

One thing i figured out was where there is bad winters, no outsiders. I'm talking 10-40 below for a month or so.