• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEED HELP.......New cell phone choices!?!?!?

wkahler

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2006
Englewood, Ohio
Well i have a blackberry now and love it, but got the notice time to upgrade. Here's my specs: I don't do music or anything like that, mainly use it for e-mail and calls, nothing fancy just the normal stuff. I'm with Verizon now so here are my choices:
Another Blackberry
I-phone
Droid

Give your thoughts and any logical reason, not into the technical stuff, except for decent battery life!!

Re: NEED HELP.......New cell phone choices!?!?!?

Motorola_Cellular-One_Cell-Phone_we.jpg

Most people who transition from Blackberry to Android or iPhone struggle for a while.

I recommend Droid, because it's based on Linux and there are always people out there figuring out ways to get more out of it with both app development and custom ROM's and tweaks.

It is by far the fastest growing platform on the market today.

There is a Droid Phones Thread on here at
This Link where you can scroll through and read more information about them.

Blackberry's dwindling market share
smartphone-OS-share.png

Yeah so fare everyone i talk to is going with the Droid, just struggling with the transition idea since i am so comfortable!!! Someone told me you can hack it and make a wifi hot spot for free, that interested me a lot LOL!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oneshotman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah so fare everyone i talk to is going with the Droid, just struggling with the transition idea since i am so comfortable!!! Someone told me you can hack it and make a wifi hot spot for free, that interested me a lot LOL!! </div></div>

Yes you can, I have an incredible, but I would be cautious, verizon doesnt screw around, they will hammer you if you use over the 8gb. I think if you stay under, you should be fine.

Droid.

I have the original droid, that i bought on launch date Nov 2009.

It still outperforms my buddies iShit 4. *which by the way cracked its screen to hell when he dropped it on his desk getting up from his chair*

Plus, flash capabilities, no retarded proprietary software, and open source programming make it my number one choice.

(Android doesnt cost the programmer any money to produce a great app)(unlike apple and their douchey app store)

^^^What he said^^^

I've got until Dec then I'm switching to Verizon and sticking with the iPhone. Hopefully iPhone 5 will be out by then if not I might wait. My iPhone would replace my laptop if it had 500gb of storage.

I bought a samsung captivate last month after my samsung impression went for a dive (along with me) in a river while doing a body recovery. the captivate works off the droid system and i love it. My buddy who was in the same boat also lost his iphone and he went with a atrix? 4g. He so far loves it, it works off the droid system as well.

I've got the Droid 2 and really like it. It has a full slide out keypad so you don't always have to rely on the touch screen.

Get the HTC Thunderbolt. I have a droid x after switching from an Iphone, the motorola OS (not andriod, but motoblur) is glitchy. I didn't see any problems with either of my cousins HTC android phones.

I had a Blackberry Storm 2 for a long time and was a little worried when I switched to the Droid X. There is no way I would ever go back !
Some advantages with the X are:
1. Speed for everything from apps to internet, never really cared for BB internet performance but with the X I use it all the time.
2. Speech to text,email,call,navigate and you name it built right in. The voice commands are fantastic.
3. Built in free Google navigation. Works Great.
4. Camera and video are way better along with editing built in.
Non Google account emails aren't pushed as quick as the BB but that is the only downside which is very minimal and I use mine for business everyday.
Honestly if your on Verizon get one and don't look back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Droid.

I have the original droid, that i bought on launch date Nov 2009.

It still outperforms my buddies iShit 4. *which by the way cracked its screen to hell when he dropped it on his desk getting up from his chair*

Plus, flash capabilities, no retarded proprietary software, and open source programming make it my number one choice.

(Android doesnt cost the programmer any money to produce a great app)(unlike apple and their douchey app store)</div></div>

I have fixed 5 of those screens now. I am getting faster. Can do the digitizer and or LCD screen in about 15 to 20 minutes. Sure is a lot cheaper than buying a new one.

Has anyone had any hands on time with a Thunderbolt? I have decided to upgrade myself

I am a little backwards. I had the Verizon based HTC android phone. I really liked the phone, but I was really tired of the $85 bill for next to no minutes of talk, limited text, and internet. So, I took a chance and bought a Boost i1, android based phone on the shitty boost network. The phone, text, and email are great. The internet is slow. My reception is as good or better than Verizon in my town. Boost is on the Sprint/Nextel network of towers. Now, my bill is almost $40/month less. I don't talk, text, or surf much on my phone, so it works out great for me.

I'm typing this message on an HTC Thunderbolt. If you've got 4G coverage from Verizon where you are its a no brainer. Even without 4G this is still an awesome phone. The android OS is great, there's an app for everything and most of the time they're free.

has anyone used the ballistics app "shooter" on their droid? Can a guy buy a droid and just run the app without signing up for the more expensive droid service? I have verizon and a working phone for $30 less a month than the droid service and I want to keep it that way. I just want to run the app in the field with something small and cheap, like with a secondhand droid.