• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help on balistic software and system choice

jameswm3

Private
Minuteman
I am looking to purchase a palm pilot pda or pocket pc.
problem is ...I am not very savy in this techno mambo jambo.
I dont know what to get as far as requirements go. this unit will just be used for shooting purposes only. So I dont want to have to get a driod, iphone , or whatever other phone is outthere. not interested in cutting into my shooting budget with a monthly phone bill upgrade for internet use on my phone..
so can some of you let me know what you use and what are the operating specs of your unit, and what software you are using? I am completely green in this topic so dont worry my skin is thick. fire away!

Re: Need help on balistic software and system choice

You can get an itouch which is relatively inexpensive and run Ballistic FTE or Bulletflight.

pssf for palm is dead nuts on my guns and free. Not as hip slick and cool as i-crap, but I'm not big on lining Gates' pockets personally.

I have Verizon, so I have a Palm Centro for my phone. You can get palm handhelds for dirt cheap if you don't want a smartphone platform.

Palm and PocketPCs are pretty much dead technology with the advent of smart phones and iPods.

Would suggest getting iPod touch with ballistic FTE.

Or if you want to spend some serious dough, you can get a CheyTac advanced ballistic computer. Or Horus Vision PDA, Nightforce Nomad PDA, or other similar products.

I like JBM on the desktop and Ballistic FTE on an i-platform since they use the same engine.