• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Need help painting a Choate Sniper stock

turbochad

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2009
KY
Ok I have a Rem. 700 SPS Tactical with a Choate stock. I am wanting to do something cool and paint the stock. I am not sure about painting the scope and barrel just yet. How do you guys mask of your designs? What products do you use for sanding and painting. I see that Autozone has some flat cammo paint in different colors. Will this work? I am going to try to tackle this over the weekend. I have searched but can't find any step by step procedures on here. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need help painting a Choate Sniper stock

Search under Field craft, huge thread on how to paint by TriggerMonkey.

Biggest problem with the injection molded stocks is getting good adhesion. Scrub the crap out of it with Dawn soap then a good carb cleaner to get all of the mold release off of it. Might even use the duplicolor primer which is designed to help with adhesion on plastic auto parts.

If you want to go the spray can route, Krylon's flat camo colors have the "Fusion" technology and are formulated to bond well to plastic.. JM $.02

You can use natural vegitation for the masking of the patterns..

I really want to do the urban cammo look with the black, grey, and white. That is the look I like the best. I just can't figure out what pattern I want and this way I wouldn't have to paint the scope and barrel which I am a little scared of doing. Anyone have one done in these colors they could post pics of? Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbochad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really want to do the urban cammo look with the black, grey, and white. That is the look I like the best. I just can't figure out what pattern I want and this way I wouldn't have to paint the scope and barrel which I am a little scared of doing. Anyone have one done in these colors they could post pics of? Thanks </div></div>

Lauer weaponry offers a few stencil kits with the urban theme... I have the patterns listed on my web site under "patterns". I am building an M4 for a friend and he wants to go with the Urban Digital. I'll post some pics when it's done...