• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Need help re-assembling Tacsport pro trigger safety

JuiceboxPNW

Privateer for Hire. Will work for 22LR
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2017
Greensboro
As the title states I’m having difficulty re-assembling a Tacsport pro single stage safety. It’s a left hand model. I can’t seem to keep the coil spring in place to keep the safety tight and it just seems to over rotate out of the safety lever where it mates with it. I also have a tiny tiny small ball bearing left over and I’m not sure where it goes. Any help would be great.

Last edited:
Did you see the article about that brand of trigger on this site? Not in the forum but an article.

The tiny small ball bearing goes in the side of the trigger shoe, there’s a recessed hole and there should also be a tiny spring that the ball bearing drops down on top of that then gets sandwiched down by the top plate when you close it all up. Supposedly it’s to help lift the lid or something. It’s not necessary, the first ones didn’t have it and mine work fine without it reinstalled as well.
407A9769-6329-4002-9C73-4C51A42F9D95.jpeg

As far as the safety goes, it is just plain squirrely so take your time
1649569436705.jpeg
A5E80A27-D69F-4319-B83D-DCC8A96312B5.jpeg

The tiny small ball bearing goes in the side of the trigger shoe, there’s a recessed hole and there should also be a tiny spring that the ball bearing drops down on top of that then gets sandwiched down by the top plate when you close it all up. Supposedly it’s to help lift the lid or something. It’s not necessary, the first ones didn’t have it and mine work fine without it reinstalled as well.
View attachment 7847182

As far as the safety goes, it is just plain squirrely so take your time
View attachment 7847185View attachment 7847184
Glad I’m not crazy and it is kinda tricky.

Resolved. the coil spring was compressed. I just had to expand it a little.

Last edited: