• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need help recommending a scope for a friend

AMMOWASTER

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2007
Reno, NV
I have a couple nice scopes but am no expert. He is looking at a couple Bushnells and a Falcon and I dont know much about them. He just got a Savage LRP in 6.5 creedmoor

He narrowed his choices to these three. Any other models or brands he should be looking at???
Falcon Menace 5.5-25
Bushnell 4.5-30
Bushnell 6-24

I think he was trying to stay in the 4-700 range but the nicer bushnell was a option if it was worth the extra money. I have had pretty good luck with all the elite 3200 and 4200 scopes but never have played with the 6500.

Re: Need help recommending a scope for a friend

The LRP is really capable of stretching it's legs! I would look for glass with most clarity I could. My personal favorite is the Vortex line of scopes. However the Weaver and SWFA SS is also really nice! They are a little more then his budget, but I think with the LRP I would save just a little more and get the best glass I could. If he wants a good warranty you just can not beat Vortex!

I am trying to talk him into some nicer glass but this is a brand new thing for him. He seems to agree on the Front focal mil/mil being a good idea so we just need to narrow a few down

he is really looking at one of the Bushnell tactical scopes. Their part number is ET6245FJ. 6-24 FFP.

I have been looking around here and the Viper PST's seem to come up often so I am trying to read up on them

i just got a pst 6-24 ffp and i love it. best scope ive ever looked thru. i think its better than leupold and up there with NF it has all the options needed to make a long shot. just cant beat it for the price

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: midkansasguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i just got a pst 6-24 ffp and i love it. best scope ive ever looked thru. i think its better than leupold and up there with NF it has all the options needed to make a long shot. just cant beat it for the price </div></div>

This. The weaver tactical line seems promising as well.