• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Need help reloading .223

jack simpson

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2011
Kentucky
Have reloaded all kinds of rounds. I have never reloaded .223.
I picked up a bunch of range brass. They have Lake city head stamp. Is this brass alright to reload for my Bushmaster Predator?
Thanks for your help.

Re: Need help reloading .223

That should be fine. I use LC brass all the time. Just know that you might want to swag your primer pocket due to the military crimp.

Re: Need help reloading .223

Sure, LC is good stuff in general. The usual precautions about range pickup brass notwithstanding, of course.

If it has crimped primers, you'll need to remove the crimp. Dillon makes a primer pocket swager that everybody seems to like, but there are other tools that will work for smaller quantities. If it <span style="font-style: italic">doesn't</span> have crimped primers, check the brass carefully, since it's probably from someone elses reloads.

If you haven't already read this, learn it, live it, love it.