• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need Help replacing lost gear in Maui (Lahaina) Fire

atefft22

Private
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2010
Hawaii
Hello S.H. community, I'm Andy a long time forumn member residing in Maui Hawaii. Im asuming most of you are probably aware of the fire that has decimated the town of Lahaina. My home and all my belongs were 100% destroyed, including all of my reloading gear and components and ammo.

Here is where I'd humbly request some assistance form you wonderfull members and supporters. I would love to begin replacing similar gear to what I had lost. I know many of you have gear you don't use as much anymore or spares. I'd gladly accept any charity but I'm not seeking that directly. I would like to purchase the items listed below. As youd imagine its not very easy to get many of these things here locally on an island. I've gotten the OK from lowlight to proceed with the want to buy process here in Bear pit. Please please help me get back up and running.

ITEMS I SEEK similar brands considered
cz shadow 2 da/sa 9mm
Cajun gun works cz shadow2 tuning parts
Cz scorpion carbine fde (not the faux. supressor)
Patriot valley arms John Hancock rifle 6.5 creed
Adams arms mid length piston upper
Eotech expo3-0 tan or balck
Hk 416/716 style pic sites
Noveske gen 2 chainsaw lower
Mec gar 9mm 10rd cz sp01 mags
Hk 91 steel mags
Fal Mags Dsa patter receiver
Hk usp 9mm
Hk usp 10 rd 9mm mags
9mm carbide die set
Hornady 6.5 creed full length bushing and micro seater die
Forster full length and micrometer die sets:
6 dasher, 6.5x47 lapua, 308 win, .223 rem, 3006, 338 norma mag
Harrels 6 norma dasher die
Redding 308 bushing neck die
Redding 6.5x47 full length bushing die
(Norma) 6 norma dasher brass
Lapua brand brass: 6.5x47, 308 lrp or srp, 6.5 creed srp, 338 norma mag
Lake city 5.56, 308, and 3006 brass
Winchester .308 brass
Mtm or Frankford arsenal ammo boxes: 100 rd .223, 6.5x47 6 dasher. 50rd .223, .308, 3006, 6.5x47, 6.5 creed, 6dasher.
igaging 6" calipers
Hornady bullet and headspace comparator kits and caliper bodies
Forster hand outside neck turning kit and mandrals .224, 243 264 308
Wilson case gage 308, 3006
Reloading blocks
Dillon case lube
assorted cleaning brushes .224 and up to .338 size brass and nylon
Hornady oal gauge straigt and bent
My Weigh gempro 250 scale
Lee single stage press
Shell holders 308, 9mm, 338NM, .223, 6dasher
Lee auto prime and same shell holders
Harrels Powder thrower
Berger projectiles: 6mm 105gr hybrid, 6.5mm140gr hybrid, 6.5mm 130gr hybrid, .308 185 hybrid, .338 300gr hybrid
Hornady projectiles: .223 55gr zmax, .223 55gr fmj, .223 68bthp,
223 75gr bthp, .308 150fmj, 175 bthp, .308 175 eldm, .308 168bthp, .308 205gr eldm, .308 208gr bthp, .338 285gr bthp, .338 300gr atip
Sierra projectiles .308 155smk, .308 175smk, .308 190 smk

I'm sure I've left stuff off here, so I will update as I remember them. Thanks in advance for any leads or offers. Please feel free to bump or reach out directly Via D.M.

Appreciate you Snipers Hide Fam!
Aloha, Andy

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ronws
1692922026307.gif

Aloha, kinda wondering why your home owners insurance wouldn’t cover all that. I specifically made sure I was covered for all my firearms and accessories even back in the day of renters insurance. Not against helping a brother out but that’s is a lot to not have covered

Reactions: Oldloser and 101st
Aloha, kinda wondering why your home owners insurance wouldn’t cover all that. I specifically made sure I was covered for all my firearms and accessories even back in the day of renters insurance. Not against helping a brother out but that’s is a lot to not have covered
May cover some just trying to get running again and see what people may have available to assist while we wait who knows how long.

There are plenty of pictures of fires rated safes full of totally ruined firearms. Plus, who among us stores all his dies, funnels, all that crap, in a safe? Sure, it's a pain in the ass, but just like California, there are members of our shooting brotherhood in Hawaii. Little early to be calling out this man as a Fed just trying to see what secret reloading gear you might have hidden. I've a few extra things, so I'll send the man a PM.

There are plenty of pictures of fires rated safes full of totally ruined firearms. Plus, who among us stores all his dies, funnels, all that crap, in a safe? Sure, it's a pain in the ass, but just like California, there are members of our shooting brotherhood in Hawaii. Little early to be calling out this man as a Fed just trying to see what secret reloading gear you might have hidden. I've a few extra things, so I'll send the man a PM.
Thank you I appreciate any and all help or leads... I think the majority of you understand. Not like I can just drive to camellias, or sportsman's warehouse and get everything. Many of the items listed are out of stock etc also. We're all hoarders on here and maybe just maybe there's some surpluses someone would be willing to pass along at a fair price.

Reactions: Im2bent
How far are you from obamas mansion on that island?

You lost your house last month and you want to buy reloading dies???
If I lost my house yesterday I'd be trying to buy reloading supplies.

Why are some of you giving this man a hard time? He's not asking for charity, he's asking to buy the things he wants.

Someone asked above why his insurance wasn't paying for this stuff. How would that change the process? They write him a check and he buys what he wants with it. It isn't like his insurance agent is coming to the hide to buy dies for him. Stop asking stupid questions and sell the man the stuff he's asking for or fuck off.

Just can't figure out priorities. You lose everything in a catastrophic fire and shooting supplies are priority for replacement. Housing, job, car, clothing and a list of other things I'd understand.

Reactions: mtrmn and Jerry m
Just can't figure out priorities. You lose everything in a catastrophic fire and shooting supplies are priority for replacement. Housing, job, car, clothing and a list of other things I'd understand.
The fire was more than a month ago. I'm sure the necessities have been handled.

Reactions: atefft22
Given the number of feds on this forum trying to entrap members... a relatively unknown member asking in the pit to buy a fuck ton of stuff raises alarms

Especially for a hobby.....most people aren't looking to replace their toys 1 month after losing everything to a natural disaster.
I can absolutely relate to what he's trying to do. I look at that list and it's pretty clear that this is a man who had a substantial reloading bench. No planted fed is smart enough to create that list to appear authentic. Really look at it. What would a fed hope to gain by asking people to sell him perfectly legal unregulated items? Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Reactions: NoDopes
Given the number of feds on this forum trying to entrap members... a relatively unknown member asking in the pit to buy a fuck ton of stuff raises alarms

Especially for a hobby.....most people aren't looking to replace their toys 1 month after losing everything to a natural disaster.
He's not really an unknown member. His join date, I believe, is 2010 and if you look over his posts, which are spaced out over the years and often in the technical forums, it makes it hard to believe he's a secret fed trying to get you to admit you reload. We might be becoming a little too paranoid.

If he's a FED plant or a crook then he's either a lowlight sanctioned plant/crook or bold as fk.

I've gotten the OK from lowlight to proceed with the want to buy process here in Bear pit.

If you think he's a plant, a hazard, a trap or some kind of scumbag try reporting him to lowlight. I don't see how trashing the thread will garner any good attention. I can't say I follow the logic either so I just choose not to participate and wish everyone who chooses to get involved good luck and stay out of jail cards.

As for being LL sanctioned.......to be fair, we don't know that for certain.....

That's why I said "or bold as fk" and suggested reporting him instead of just throwing shade on the OP and the thread.

But it's just a suggestion, I am in no way, shape or form trying to *tell* anybody what to do.

He's not really an unknown member. His join date, I believe, is 2010 and if you look over his posts, which are spaced out over the years and often in the technical forums, it makes it hard to believe he's a secret fed trying to get you to admit you reload. We might be becoming a little too paranoid.

I was thinking on this thing this morning.
Yes this place is eat up with Alphabeti, but I'd hate to become so cynical I lose decency to my fellow humans. Not talking about decency to Alphabeti, they can FRO.

I'll go out on a limb with this one. I might lose everything one day. Call it Karma or divine provenance, whatever you like. I will help.

The fire was more than a month ago. I'm sure the necessities have been handled.
He started the thread on the 24th of Aug. Not much more than a week after.
I can absolutely relate to what he's trying to do. I look at that list and it's pretty clear that this is a man who had a substantial reloading bench. No planted fed is smart enough to create that list to appear authentic. Really look at it. What would a fed hope to gain by asking people to sell him perfectly legal unregulated items? Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
I guess he's living in his parent's basement? Hey mom, you gotta move the washer and dryer so I can set up a reloading bench!! And more hot pockets, the pizza ones. Ohh yeah, we're out of Spam.

• Haha
Reactions: Yasherka
No planted fed is smart enough to create that list to appear authentic.
So you're saying that feds are dumb and if we just ignore them they will out themselves thru stupidity ...or something like that ?

Wow, son, you have a shitload of learning to do, I suggest getting started.

What better way to remove suspicions from oneself than to constantly claim others must be secret federal agents. Brilliant. Probably taught in Secret Federal Troll 101. Watch out, they're everywhere!

• Haha
Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
What better way to remove suspicions from oneself than to constantly claim others must be secret federal agents. Brilliant. Probably taught in Secret Federal Troll 101. Watch out, they're everywhere!
I am not saying that he's a Fed. Scammer? Possibly, but for what reason? Better than searching the web for the shit he wants? Better than posting a want to buy add in the px? Something just doesn't add up.

Reactions: ...
Well, he's been setting this up a long time. There are six year old posts here discussing reloading in Hawaii and six year old posts of him buying, selling, and using some of the very same firearms and equipment that are on his list. Technical posts, not Bear Pit Motivational Pictures. Whatever, this is turning into one of those stupid internet pissing matches and screwing up a fellow members charity thread. Good luck on recovering, atefft22, and I'll see what I might have for you.

If I lost my house yesterday I'd be trying to buy reloading supplies.

Why are some of you giving this man a hard time? He's not asking for charity, he's asking to buy the things he wants.

Someone asked above why his insurance wasn't paying for this stuff. How would that change the process? They write him a check and he buys what he wants with it. It isn't like his insurance agent is coming to the hide to buy dies for him. Stop asking stupid questions and sell the man the stuff he's asking for or fuck off.
Precisely!

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
I am not saying that he's a Fed. Scammer? Possibly, but for what reason? Better than searching the web for the shit he wants? Better than posting a want to buy add in the px? Something just doesn't add up.
I'm not able to post a wtb in the Px. I have many a pleasant and successful purchases on here over a decade. If you don't want to participate please go along with you day in the manner that suits you. Nothing but respect and love on my end.

Well, he's been setting this up a long time. There are six year old posts here discussing reloading in Hawaii and six year old posts of him buying, selling, and using some of the very same firearms and equipment that are on his list. Technical posts, not Bear Pit Motivational Pictures. Whatever, this is turning into one of those stupid internet pissing matches and screwing up a fellow members charity thread. Good luck on recovering, atefft22, and I'll see what I might have for you.
Thanks for a sheding a bit of credibility to my claims. I appreciate your assistance and any and all of your support!

He started the thread on the 24th of Aug. Not much more than a week after.

I guess he's living in his parent's basement? Hey mom, you gotta move the washer and dryer so I can set up a reloading bench!! And more hot pockets, the pizza ones. Ohh yeah, we're out of Spam.
Mom Meatloaf! What is she doing down there?!

Dude, they are my hobbies and things I do in my spare time. Im sourcing out the rest of my life as well simultaneously until I can rebuild my house, no idea when that is. Until then I'd like to resume any life resembling what i used to be. If you've got Dirt bike, ridiing gear, surf gear, fishing gear, camp gear, sports gear, yard tools, power tools etc please chime in. Lost all that stuff too but I thought I'd search for that an a specific site kinda like this one for the specific stuff I listed. . How is that so hard to believe?

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
100% I'm not asking for anything illegal ... all things I can have mailed to an address here in hawaii. Primers, loaded ammo, Powder is a diff thing no hazmat shipping here it sucks Majorly but it is what it is. Firearms to an FFL that's all standard stuff.

Yes this place is eat up with Alphabeti, but I'd hate to become so cynical I lose decency to my fellow humans. Not talking about decency to Alphabeti, they can FRO.

I'll go out on a limb with this one. I might lose everything one day. Call it Karma or divine provenance, whatever you like. I

I'll go out on a limb with this one. I might lose everything one day. Call it Karma or divine provenance, whatever you like. I will help.
I truly hope no one has to go through what i have been through. I luckily haven't lost any loved ones. I only lost my entire material world, which is troubling enough. armorpl8chkin I'm very greatfull please know that.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn