• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need Help: Scope Ring Removal

chama

Private
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2005
Kansa
I have a set of Burris rings on my Burris scope that somebody had probably used lock tite on. Do I need to heat them up with a torch to get them removed or is there an easier fix. I don't want to mess up my scope or the rings in order to get them removed. Thanks for any help.

If blue Loctite was used the screws should back out. Make sure you have the right size wrench/bit and keep good downward pressure when backing out.

IF you haven't stripped the heads do the soldiering iron/wood burner trick. If they are stripped drill em out and buy replacement screws. Worst case your out a set of rings.

Thanks everybody for their advice. A friend got them out for me by heating up a bolt with his torch, then touching the top of the torx head. It took a couple of times but they came out.