• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help shooting rest

Some Day

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2011
PA
The Boss say's I got $400. to spend on a shooting rest.Would like to know what rest you would buy and what you like about it.I wish The Boss would let me spend more.thanks for any help you can give me.

For what type of shooting? 100 yard benchrest? 600 or 1000 yard benchrest? Just trying to get great groups during load workup?

I will be shooting 100 to 1200 yards.but like i said i only can spend $400.So I cant get the best for $400.But I would like to know what every one thinks the best is for $400.

Field rest? Bench rest? Prone? Sitting? Standing? Need more info!

The best to me is an Atlas with a TAB rear bag. $250 for both of them.

Yeah, for benchrest shooting, a good rest is a nice thing to have. A solid rear bag like the Protector with a double base and the Cordura bunny ears is nice too.

1911fan

RW Hart rests are in that range. check out their website for various models. It all depends on how many extras you need on it. for the money this rest is built to last forever.

Looked at the sinclairs gen 2 they look good.What do you guys think of the Bald Eagle rest they look good to.