• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help with 25 Creed

Yoteski

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Alright gang, I'm reaching out for some help for my new 25 Creed project. Basically I'm just wanting to know what I'm needing to get rolling with it. I have a set of Whidden bushing dies so in researching, it looks like the .282 bushing is my best bet to resize 6.5 creed brass. What's everyone finding on the right bushing? I'm going to be resizing Hornady LRP brass and most likely Starline SRP brass. I'm also going to pick up a mandrel for sizing to make sure I'm getting them right, what's the recommendation for a mandrel set up? Links would be awesome if you have them.

I use a .281 bushing. Its not super critical if youre going to use a mandrel. Sinclair die and mandrels here, but there are a few others.

This .25 expander mandrel? All they have in stock is stainless, but I'll be lubing necks anyhow.

The stainless is fine. The purpose of those mandrels is for neck turning, which is why they sell an expander and a turning mandrel. The idea is that you neck a case down, then run it over an expander mandrel so that its properly sized on the ID to run on the turning mandrel, which is .001 smaller. Long way of saying you need the turning mandrel probably, not the expander mandrel. They're fairly cheap though, and depending on how you're brass acts as far as spring back, you could use the expander mandrel.

Reactions: spife7980
I use Redding type s dies w/ .282 bushing and Sinclair mandrel.

The stainless is fine. The purpose of those mandrels is for neck turning, which is why they sell an expander and a turning mandrel. The idea is that you neck a case down, then run it over an expander mandrel so that its properly sized on the ID to run on the turning mandrel, which is .001 smaller. Long way of saying you need the turning mandrel probably, not the expander mandrel. They're fairly cheap though, and depending on how you're brass acts as far as spring back, you could use the expander mandrel.
This.

Expanding mandrel is .001 under bullet caliber, turning arbor is .002 below.

Reactions: Yoteski