• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help with 300 blackout

Crankinsparky

Private
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2022
Texas
What is going on with this dang gun, it is constantly jamming the next round at an angle. They are 125 grain sst loaded with 18.5 g H110, 2.1 col averaging 2248 fps. Load it in singles and it locks back every time. It cycles the subsonics just fine. I don’t know what to try. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• CE3DF475-30E4-4F38-9DBC-0F40ECFB8C5A.jpeg
    CE3DF475-30E4-4F38-9DBC-0F40ECFB8C5A.jpeg
    261.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 3CBB11C1-1707-4657-8BD8-3EE9FDE1DA62.jpeg
    3CBB11C1-1707-4657-8BD8-3EE9FDE1DA62.jpeg
    793.5 KB · Views: 29
Bad mag or fucked up feed ramps. Details details details

I tried several different mags, pmags, metal mags and sig mags. The feed ramps don’t look like there is any damage or anything out of the normal. It worked fine and then all of a sudden the last 2 times I was out it has done this

Rounds hitting the ribs in the mags? Pushing them off center? You said it works when you single load. Have you tried just two or three

I have tried a few rounds, full mag, half mag. Sometimes it work for a few rounds, every now and then it works for most of a mag but mostly after a couple of shots it does it every time

I tried several different mags, pmags, metal mags and sig mags. The feed ramps don’t look like there is any damage or anything out of the normal. It worked fine and then all of a sudden the last 2 times I was out it has done this
Just making sure these are specific 300 blackout mags, yes?

Since it locks back and functions fine with subs we can probably rule out undergassing. But overgassing can cause bolt over cartridge malfunctions if the BCG speed is higher than the mag can feed, and obviously would only be a problem with supers, especially if the gun is biased towards optimal gassing with subs.

The mags are just pmags 223/300 except the one sig mag is for a 300.
How would I know if it was over gassed or even how would I fix it

The mags are just pmags 223/300 except the one sig mag is for a 300.
How would I know if it was over gassed or even how would I fix

Sorry that was and accident.
So just now I tried an h3 buffer and whaat seemed like a mile long spring and it made it through almost a whole mag and jammed again on the second to last round. Still cycled a whole mag of subs and locked back on the last round

Since it locks back and functions fine with subs we can probably rule out undergassing. But overgassing can cause bolt over cartridge malfunctions if the BCG speed is higher than the mag can feed, and obviously would only be a problem with supers, especially if the gun is biased towards optimal gassing with subs.
Correct. That's exactly what I was going to post.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
Is there a way to lower the gas without like an adjustable gas block. Sorry I am a bolt action guy and this is my pig gun so I don’t know much about it.

Is there a way to lower the gas without like an adjustable gas block. Sorry I am a bolt action guy and this is my pig gun so I don’t know much about it.
Adjustable gas block is easiest, otherwise there are adjustable gas keys, adjustable BCG's, gas block or tubes with undersized ports or switchable inserts, or you can just give the excess gas more work to do with heavier springs and/or buffers.
Ok, I got the gas pressure down and it is back running like a charm. Thanks for the help.
Good deal. How did you go about it?